Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites MXT or Safari

stevecoleccs

Has anyone have any REAL experience with both the Safari & MXT? Any thoughts on these machines for coinshooting, a few relic hunts & NO beach hunting...
Many Thanks!

GO WITH THE SAFARI. I USED THE MXT FOR A YEAR AND THE SAFARI BEATS IT IN DEPTH AND IS MORE STABLE.I HAVE HAD THE SAFARI FOR 6 MONTHS NOW . IT ALSO ID,S BETTER. :super:

I read with interest the replies to this question over at the MXT forum. I have never used the MXT myself but a couple of my hunting friends use MXT and DFX. From what I have seen so far neither are as deep as the Safari. These guys know their machines very well and are successful with them. The White's detectors are great, quality built detectors, no doubt. So are Minelabs. My friend using the DFX was helping me to learn my new machine by comparing deep signals, when I swept over what was a whisper on the DFX the Minelab sang out with a solid hit. I am not "brand loyal" like some people, but I know a great detector when I see one. If you ask a question like this on a "brand/model specific" forum you better take the replies with a grain of salt. Which ever machine you choose will be be a good one and I wish you success.

Hi,

I owned an MXT, am considering a Safari myself, compared my F-75 with a Safari and there are two big point to consider. Noise and weight. I didn't like the constant threshold of the MXT. Silence is golden to me and the reason I sold the MXT. We ran the F-75 and the Safari against each other and each could hear what the other could. Both run silent unless you come across something. I liked the tones on the Safari better. I didn't see the screen, but the tone seemed to lock on where the F-75 bounced around (which is something the F-75 does and you get used to it (or not)). The weight was about the same, but when he hooked an in-line probe on the Safari, the Safari became a brick. In fact, the first time I picked up his Safari with the probe on it, I immediately concluded this was NOT an MD for me. I like the F-75 weight. But wait! My friend took off the probe and the Safari got my attention again weighing just a little more than the F-75. The F-75 is still balanced better. Then we went hunting. He was trying to learn his Safari before leaving on a trip so I didn't get any hands on time with it, but as I said earlier, I liked the sounds I heard and neither the F-75 or the Safari missed what the other found. The MXT you can nugget hunt with which is a bonus if you need that. I heard the Safari wouldn't be so good. The MXT is heavy. This was the second reason I got rid of the MXT. I wanted a lighter machine which is a real advantage. My mind was willing but my arms were not with the MXT and that is not the case with the F-75. I can go all day. The Safari is also lighter. One last thing. The F-75 will not break down into an airline carry on bag (which is why I am considering the Safari). I don't like to check $1,000 machines when I fly. I'd rather carry them on with me. The MXT will fit and I'm told the Safari will also as carry on luggage.

There you go. Good luck choosing and HH

Idaho-Marke

Thanks Marke,
I was wondering how the Safari compares to the F75.....only one thing, I run the Safari with a slight threshold, and it is stable.

Idaho-Marke, You should try a GARRETT PRO-Pinpointer, that way you can use it with any detector, and Totally ELIMINATE the weight of the SunRay In-Line
Probe. I have the same problem with my Sov-GT, and an aftermarket add-on meter to boot!! Only $127.00 New from Richard@Backwoods Detector Sales (a forum sponsor)!! HH, Les Robinson