Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites headphones in my Sovereign Elite went out! Recommendations!:confused:

wesbeach

I was out at Virginia Beach detecting yesterday when my headphones went dead. I guess they couldn't take the salt environment at the beach. I was using the Whites headphones used on the MXT. I ended up having to detect the rest of the time with just the speaker, and that was a real pain. I am intending to detect at the beach dailiy this week. For the short term I guess I will pick up something cheap from Radio Shack or an electronics store.

For the long term, what headphone recommendations are out there for a beach environment from the metal detector headphone world? I will also be using them for general field and outdoor hunting. I was looking online and there seem to be a lot of models around. I guess I will need to order a pair.

By the way, I found about 30 cents in change, a fishing weight with fishhook and some other junk.

Thanks

Wesbeach

I had the Sovereign Elite before I got my Excal and I like the Grey Ghost Originals. With a variable tone machine like the Sovereign I think the headphones are very important to maximize the audio qualities, so you should spring for a decent set when you do have to get some. The Grey Ghost are about $80 or so. I also have the Black Widows and they are real good too. I use them with my Explorer II and also the CZ-70. The Black Widows are more expensive, more comfortable, and louder but the Grey Ghost Originals SOUND better, in my opinion. And they're very comfortable too...just not quite as much as the Black Widows is all. Both are outstanding.

I was looking at those headphones. With the headphones I had been using, it was hard to distinguish between the different Sovereign tones. Do they have a good audio quality? Will the headphones hold up in the salt air environment?

I could use a good pair of headphones since I already had to fix my Whites headphones previously because the wire came loose on one of the earpieces. There is nothing more irritating than hearing the detector in one ear and muffled silence in the other. (Now that I think about it, not hearing sound in both earpieces is worse)

Thanks

Wesbeach

How do they work, hold up in a beach environment, and where are they available? How is their audio quality?

Thanks

Wesbeach

Rat phones with the Sov mod are the best I've used.Great audio quality..way better than most.I beach hunt only and have had no problem what so ever.Worth a check out for sure.

time of year u will see many sets of the black widows (7)

get off the cash and get yourself a set

they knock out all the wind and wave noise

i call it peace of mind

After trying out your Black Widow headphones at the beach this week, I decided to take the plunge and purchase them. I just got off the phone from placing the order.

They really do a great job of knocking out the background noise and letting me separate the threshold from the target signals. What a difference a quality pair of MD headphones makes.

I should have them later this week!

Wesbeach