Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites dfx.

7centsworth

I bought me three detectors last week. The cheap one and a Minelab 70 I'm selling my 705. And I bought a dfx. The dfx has been camoed and whoever done it did great. It looks like it came from the factory like that. I bought it to re sale but I really like it. It has to many adjustments though. If it had tones like a Minelab I would probably keep it. I'm going to use it a few times before I sell it though. But I'm afraid if I do I won't want to sell it.

The DFX does have tones. Under Audio like the 3rd option is Tone ID on or off.

Southwind said:
The DFX does have tones. Under Audio like the 3rd option is Tone ID on or off.
i tried that. But it's not like a xterra.

No, the Minelabs have a unique tone ID and that is what what makes them popular.

If whites had the same tone id. Whites would be in another league with the mxt and xterra price range. Take a mxt with Minelab tones that would be sweet.

Don't sell the 705 till you are sold on another. the DFX's can be tough to learn and I believe the Minelab series is better at depth and target separation.

Oh I'm not selling the 70 I like it better than than the 705.

Dfx was one of White's workhorses. I had one and loved it

I believe I would like it if I kept it. But I bought it to sale on Craigslist.

You know your keeping it. I believe it has a low frequency and a standard frequency. I have borrowed the dfx from my boss and found a nice gold men's band on the beach low tide.HH

Just a note: about a year ago I sold my truck & because of that & other situations in my life, I haven't really been out detecting yet this season. I have a Minelab X-terra 505 and it's a good detector. I sold my X-terra 70 & wish I would have kept it.

I sold my 70 and got a 705. Guess what? I bought another 70 a couple weeks ago because I didn't like the 705 quite as good. I just bought the dfx because I got a good deal on it.