Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White's Coinmaster GT

Virtual Paul

My son wants the Coinmaster GT. I wonder if anyone has used it? It is the one with the VDI numbers. We were also thinking about the Minelab Xterra 305. Any thoughts would be appreciated. BTW my son is 13.

Hi Paul, look up Monte,s post on the GT he tells all about it. From what i have read it is a very good detector.I have used Whites detectors for 12 or 15 years and yet have had no trouble with any of them. I know if something dose go wrong White,s will take care of it. I had a Xterra 50, and it is much harder to understand than the Whites. I think fro the money you can,t go wrong. Good Luck Flintstone

then I can guarantee it is much better than the other model you mentioned. I nabbed the Coin GT to work as my #3 detector in my personal battery,following my #2 use VX3 and #1 use MXT Pro.

The Coin GT is a very capable and full-featured detector, but the stock 9" spoked coil; is best suited for hinting larger, more open areas, such as a beach or sports-field. In trashier areas I keep the 4X6 'Shooter' Prizm coil mounted on a spare lower rod for quick changes. I strongly suggest you consider that coil to compliment the Coin GT and you will have a more versatile package.

Monte

....Decided to give the GT a try.....Handles the beach really well....I really like the audio, Tone ID, and the easy access controls. I was hoping for a TRUE all-metal mode and not a ZERO Disc mode, but it's still a fun detector to use. You can turn VCO "ON" and it acts like the Garrett AT PRO (per the videos I have seen).

I also took a chance and ordered an off-brand 12x13 coil to put on the GT.....The stock 9 inch coil gives me about 6 inches of confidence and no more....I really like the off-brand coil on another detector that I have. So it will be interesting to see what it can do on the GT.

Also, the balance is not quite right for me on the GT so I placed an upper S rod from another Whites on the GT, and then turned it UPSIDE DOWN....Gives me a better feel with the upper S rod upside down....

J in FL....(formerly in VA)

Just got one for my wife she had a brief chance to test it before the snow, using the factory preset sensitivity, and discrimination for iron only, she
found 3 pennies, one at 8 inches and one at 10, she got a solid silver signal reading 10 inches, at ten nothing there, but signal was strong\
kept digging and around 12 or plus inches it was a one inch large cap screw.

The soil type was about 6 inches of topsoil and the rest sand, Personally I think this will be a sensitive unit, cant wait to test it in the
mineralized sand in Panama. I heard from others that it does well.

Your son will like it because it has auto tracking and its very easy to use yet has features found on higher priced machines.

My wife was using the stock coil, But I did buy her the 4x6 as well. Contact a sponsor and you can get a better price than the
factory listed.

Thanks for the info! It is nice to hear from people that have actually used one.