Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites coil question

azsh07

I keep hearing about having a nulled coil from Whites for the V3. I know what they are referring to...my question is are they doing this to all the coils that fit the V3 or has it always been done. I was looking for a smaller coil like a 5.3...so just curious as to wether this is important in reality and if so..how do you know if it is a V-null coil.
scott

Don't laugh but, I got 3 V coils bad and a machine that needs calibrated. I should be used to it. It took me 3 F75's before they got me one that was right. :rofl: My F75LTD is :thumbup: . My V is on a road trip tomorrow. I got to delay my trip to Fl. for about two weeks till I get it back but, it is cold as heck over there anyway. Your machine is still under warrenty. Just send it in and they will fix it. They are pretty fast. Only had my MXT 2 days and it was on the way back. Hope everything works out for you. HH :D: :D: Jerry aka Tinfoil

If it is a V rated coil its number on the mounting ear will start with a V. Not all 5.3 coils are V rated but all new Whites coils that will fit a V3 are V rated. Non V rated coils may overload at higher RX settings and when using the boost feature. Rob

rcasio44 said:
If it is a V rated coil its number on the mounting ear will start with a V. Not all 5.3 coils are V rated but all new Whites coils that will fit a V3 are V rated. Non V rated coils may overload at higher RX settings and when using the boost feature. Rob

I have tested both "V" nulled coils and non "V" coils. The older, non V coils are fine in either 7.5 KHz or 2.5Khz, but they do not work in 22.5 or Multi Frequency. These frequencies fall outside of the range of the older coils. They will overload at any gain more than two.

azsh07 said:
I keep hearing about having a nulled coil from Whites for the V3. I know what they are referring to...my question is are they doing this to all the coils that fit the V3 or has it always been done. I was looking for a smaller coil like a 5.3...so just curious as to wether this is important in reality and if so..how do you know if it is a V-null coil.
scott

>>are they doing this to all the coils that fit the V3<<

Yes! I think ALL the coils(made in the last year) that work on the DFX,M6,MXT and V3 are V-Nulled.

>>how do you know if it is a V-null coil.<<

Look for the V on the mounting ear/tab.

Jerry

Non V rated coils can run the gamut from working fine to barely usable. My DFX's 950 works fine up to an RX of 11 but the 5.3...can't use it at all. (Luck of the draw kind of thing.) Using TX Boost is almost always impossible. Does anyone know what the physical differences are between the V rated and the older issue? (Doesn't really matter but would just like to know.)

Yes the non V rated coils can be a crap shoot. They can be as good as a V rated coil to not working at all. And yes the 22.5 frequency is the problem for the non rated coils. Rob

nw1886 said:
Non V rated coils can run the gamut from working fine to barely usable. My DFX's 950 works fine up to an RX of 11 but the 5.3...can't use it at all. (Luck of the draw kind of thing.) Using TX Boost is almost always impossible. Does anyone know what the physical differences are between the V rated and the older issue? (Doesn't really matter but would just like to know.)

It is my understanding that the pre "V" coils were tuned to work from the range of 2.5 KHz to 15KHz. The reason the newer coils dont work well is because 22.5KHz falls outside of the range.

Have you tried your 5.3 in either 2.5 or 7.5KHz?

I will make sure when I buy one to have the dealer insure it is a newer coil with a V in the ear tab.

Dis. (Sensitivity) at 90 All metal at 70 Rx at 10 was getting a best gain of 8 and a signal loss of 14% on my 6X10" non V coil. The 5.3" with Dis. at 90, all metal at 70 and gain at 8 had a loss of 16% best gain was at a 2. This was all in best Data 3 Freq. I was hitting my 9 1/2 " dime on edge with good diggable tone and higher ID adverage like 85 82 86. I was able to raise the coils a couple of inch's above the ground. The dime is in my garden. Me I will take a 14% and 16% loss on targets with this kind of depth any day of the week. As for the 22khz can't say about that. I will tell you one thing though the non V coils ID better then my 5.3" amd 2 D2 V nulled coils but the three of them don't pass the V nulled gain test. I don't have time to test anymore as I got to send everything back to factory to see if they can't get the problems fixed on my V and the 3 bad coils. Just thought I would add something to the thread. HH :D: :D: Later Jerry aka Tinfoil

Neal, Didn't try the singles. I do have a V rated 5.3 but should do as you suggested anyway so as to just know the full story. Thanks for reminding me. (Read this in the past and just forgot.)

nw1886 said:
Neal, Didn't try the singles. I do have a V rated 5.3 but should do as you suggested anyway so as to just know the full story. Thanks for reminding me. (Read this in the past and just forgot.)