Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites Beach Hunter ID

OK, If you're also going on the dry sand then I would get the BHID. The PI-Pro is an awesome machine but better out in the water with less trash. I would read the posts on this forum, type BHID and Beach Hunter ID in the search option and choose "all dates" to see the posts. Good luck with whatever brand or machine you choose!!!

Thanks HH!!!:thumbup:

As much as I love Whites, my first and second Beach Hunter IDs both leaked. They were under warranty, and were replaced, but it ruined my hunt for awhile .

Whoa,

sorry to hear you had what sounds like a bad run with those 2-machines!!! I've never heard any others that had that problem (mine has worked perfect all the time)! Did you ever change the batteries or have the box open at or near the location? If so, that might have gotten a bit of sand on the gaskets and that could cause sealing issues. Anyway, happy hunting to all!!!

I am loving mine! I have owned it about three weeks and love it. I would recomend to get a white's coil steady bracket to help tame the coil in the water. It really made a huge difference in my opinion. I don't even think about the coil anymore while i'm hunting. Also I'm still on the first set of batteries I must have 25-30 hours on em and still get a green light . gotta like that.

I don't want to spoil the party, but my experience with the BHID is a bit different. Needing to manual ground balance makes this machine a pain to use in the areas I hunt, which is salt water, wet sand and in the water. IMHO the BHID is really only suitable for the dry sand because of this problem. The buoyant coil is also a problem in the water. Just my opinion, but I'd get a machine with automatic balance, like the Sov GT (not waterproof) or the Excalibur.

I'm also not a fan of the floating coil. I also wish the lights were easier to see in sunlight, and the tuning has been know to drift one way or the other a lot. Other than that.........

if you only want it for water you can get the wieghted coil....the super 12 coil is now available too..the coil swap take's about a week door to door!! I just got my detector back in a week and a day from VA service dept. As for leaks I have 100's of hours on 2 B.H.ID's no issues...I also know of a guy who dives with his and has often gone past 25ft...no issues yet. I love mine on wet salt sand and in salt water I have no issues ajusting ground balance...I set it up on wet sand.. then make any minor ajustments as I go into the surf..which is just a slight turn of the ground bal. knob..I prefer to be able to set the ground myself... to each there own..HH ALL!!

MY FIRST WHITES WAS A SURFMASTER PI ,,, I TRADED IT A WEEK LATER FOR THE BEACH HUNTER .. THE SURFMASTER IS A GREAT MACHINE , BUT I WAS DIGGING ALOT JUNK WITH IT .. I wouldn't recommend it for dry hunting . GREAT IN THE WATER .. GUZZ1