Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White Lake-#8 Fishing

Royal

The top pic is an overall (POOR) picture of the area. The white dot is where we were camped. The yellow dot is Ravine Lake. The yellow line is the Moose trail. The red dot is the lake we fished, White Lake is the big sucker. The second map is just a little closer view. This is off google maps and a poor picture but all I have.

[attachment 32080 ravine2.jpg]

[attachment 32082 ravine1.jpg]

Terry, Norm and I were talking over what those two guys that were camped at the end of Ravine Lake had told us. There was a fairly large lake to the north east of their cabin but the only way to get there was an old Moose Trail. Now you might think a moose trail would be easy to hike on but it ain

n/t

I was right there with you Bud. You sure tell a good story.I have never fished a wilderness lake but thur your memories have an idea what it is like.Even with the problems you had I bet you had a great time.Thanks for taking me along.

were a ball!!

I just doubt I could do some of the goofy things I have done now though. My knees are getting a bit worn. Nothing serious but I can tell they are there :D

don't know what those moose trails would be like,sounds like a bunch of tree roots and stuff to navigate.

cedar swamps with lots of blowdowns it was rough. I have been on some that were easy walking though. You take what you can get

nothing like catching the Walleye's. I would love to get a mess of them right now, but it's too durn hot to get out on the lake right now, even if I could fish with both hands. This dang broken wrist has really kept me from doing much of anything. Very stiff and hard to manipulate, but hopefully it will get better and I won't have to have any more surgery on it!

Maybe if we get to go to Canada to see our friends, we could all go fishing one day. That was something we didn't do last time. It would be fun!

Leaking boats can be a pain, but if they are not bad you can deal with them okay. I am just about tempted to drive up to Canada, and bring my boat that's been in the water ONE time! It's pretty big and has a stirring wheel, so if Mikey could turn us on to a good lake, we could have one heck of a time! Wouldn't be as hot there, especially during the fall. The weather was awesome before!

My daddy always said if you pee out of the boat first thing, it would bring you good luck! However, I find this rather impossible to do! :lol:

Enjoyed this story a bunch! Find your photos! :)

You are doing the type of fishing that most folks read about in Field & Stream and can only dream about doing. Regardless of the leaking boat, this is an adventure of a lifetime fishing a fly-in lake.

Could that big fish have been a big turtle? I assume there are turtles in Canadian lakes, right? Did the thought ever cross your mind that you might encounter a bear on that moose trail? Thanks for sharing this story, I loved it! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

We were making enough noise to scare off most any bear I figured.

I have never seen a turtle up there but there might have been some. I doubt it was a turtle though. I have hooked big turtles and they are almost impossible to move some times but this was a fish. A big fish

n/t

Man o' man.......you must have really loved your fishing. Black flies and skeeters like that would drive me crazy. And what was up with renting out a piece of crap boat like that ? I suppose they had you over a barrel if you wanted to fish that lake, the dirty rats. Still, it all added to what was another great fishing tale Royal ! They really do capture one's interest when reading. They're over before you know it. That's the mark of a great story ! Thanks again and keep em' coming:thumbup:

P.S......I just noticed that I haven't mailed that certificate envelope yet. It was under some mags on my computer desk. I'll get it out this week. Sorry !

I was going to go out last night but my truck would not start so I just plunked my butt down on the deck, with my squirrel and bambis watching, and wrote it. I get a bit long winded but I just gotta write it as I think them.

I am going back quite a ways so I really have to get my head into it to get it as accurate as possible.

We did have a good time....People have asked me if I ever took my wife and I always say that there is no woman that would put up with some of the conditions we did. Maybe a goat herders wife or a hillbilly girl but no human lady.

We didn't bathe for the whole time. Before we went to the head we had to spray are butts and other private parts! That is not joke either! I learned the hard way.

We didn't bathe because the water was just above freezing and we found out that if you were clean, you were eaten by bugs. Hell, I used OFF for hairspray!

I assume it is because of the cold winters...they would freeze to death. It is a shame that you did not catch that big fish, but I guess it was meant to be that way. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

just never saw any. Very few snakes either. I have seen a few though.

Turtle would have a ball trying to lay eggs in that bedrock too ":D

Those stories are the ones we remember long after fishin day are over. Good story! Thanks for the ride but the hike sucked! :rofl:

Dave

Thanks for reading it buddy. These are the times in our lives that define them but you forget all about them until you start writing about them. Many of the small details come back that were long forgottne.

I sure have had a bunch of them. There are some that I just don't think I could do justice to