Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White DFX vs Tesoro Tejon or Vaquero ???

Tx Gold Digger

I currently relic hunt around old housesites and am using a White DFX. I am considering getting a Tesoro Tejon or Vaquero and wondered if I could expect to get additional depth. I dig everything now, Any information or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I traded a DFX for that reason to get one with better trash separation and better on buttons. I ended up with the Shadow X5 and have only tried it once. It is way deeper on relics by up to 5" in my short testing of the X5. The Tejon is as good or better. I researched the heck out of both and seems the Tejon would be a good detector, the vaaquero had decent reviews also, but the Tejon seemed to take center stage. The DFX netted me a 60th Reg. button, War of 1812 12th Reg. of Infantry, 1812 Artillery, 2 Excellsior buttons, etc and a bunch of nice buckles and coins. It is a good detector and tone ID rules. It just seemed to break up on signals where trash was present and the day my buddy picked a beautiful 1786 CT copper with his IDX in a spot I had hit with the DFX, well it put it into perspective :lol: I did find an 1800 LC that day, and was more happy that my buddy had found the CT as I owed him one and it was Christmas Day, but in the trash the LC too was broken up and my buddy's IDX picked it up real nice. I'm not knocking the DFX, I had one for 3 yrs. and it made me happy, but I have been witness to other detectors and brands outdoing it at cellar holes and these are the places I too love to hunt. Hope this helps!

The Vaquero has a shorter learning curve and is easy to Ground Balance (read my field test on the Vaquero at Tesoro.com). However, the Tejon offers more features. Depth in general use is about equal, but the Tejon having a slightly higher operating frequency can sometimes boost depth in certain soils. Both operate with HOT circuitry, but the Tejon will have the edge due to additional features. They are both excellent relic detectors. Good hunting, David@Dixie

I just purchased a vaquero and have been out with it 3 times in junky areas,and once in open field. (this is Georgia soil) The Vaquero loves the junk! I was picking out 3 ringers, buttons, melted lead, in places I've been over for years!! And in open field hunting it has great depth. I'm not going to sell my sidewinder or silve saber but the Vaquero is going to take center stage. I am going to sell my cibola, not impressed with it, thanks, Rick.

I forgot the whites and Tejon, A friend of mine hunts with a DFX, Its a good machine but the Tesoro as far as junk areas, has the edge on the whites. And in open field hunting the DFX and the Tejon run side by side. Both get great depth but the Tejon pulls ahead and wins by a coil in my book .Thanks,Rick.