Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which water Machine for 2011?

The_Aspy

I was wondering which water machine I should get for when I hit the surf in 2011 (and possibly for some storms this winter). I currently use a Whites Surf PI Pro. I like PI unites but would like a little more discrimination as there is a lot of Iron/lobster traps on the beaches I hunt. I have been doing this for 12 years so experience and learning a new machine won't be a problem. Which machine should I get?

I use a CZ-20.. But they don't make them anymore. Granted i have never used it in water deeper then my hips though.

If i had the money though i would be getting a Excalibur 2.. From everything i have read about them on multiple forums and also seen in real life. They are just awesome.

That is my two cents worth.. Take in mind i have never owned one though.

Take a look at the Garrett Sea Hunter 2, its a pulse machine and is half the price of the Excalibur , I just bought one but haven't used it yet but for around $600
bucks its half the cost of the ex-cal.

P van der Heiden in Daytona Beach -
Without a doubt, the best on the beach. However if you plan on using it on a dirty beach, you might try turning down your gain and T hold a little below the preset and add a little delay. It will reduce the garbage signals and allow the strong good stuff to come through. My most amazing find was junk and drove me crazy. A 1" strand of 14 gauge copper wire that was down just over 20". Just imagine digging that in the surf. Was hoping for at least an earring for my efforts, I was determined to see what was so elusive.
Nov 21, 2010

jmho......get an excalibur 2 and take the time to learn how it works
hh
john

How long did it take you to learn it, where did you get it and how does it compare to what else you have used? I'm not too concerned with price as I can make that up easy enough in finds. I Tried to find you on Facebook but could not.

Minelab ExcaliberII is the newest version out but any of them if they work are great machines. I just got rid of a SeaHunter MKII not because it was'nt a good machine but because I'm 63 years old and those PI machines are for the younger guy's and gal's. If my Excalibur II can't find it I will never miss it JMHO. HH :minelab:

i got mine in 2008 from kellyco and ive had a mod from mel parker done on it, which works great,now im still learning the machine and finding out all its able to do..
just look up my name with a space in it and youll find me on facebook,from pataskala ohio now...
you can mm here if needed..
ive had very great luck with my excalibur and ive enjoyed it ..
good luck
john

Yep ... you cant go wrong with an Excalibur II.

However I would not get rid of the PI a i does have its place in your metal detecting toolbox.
No one detector will do it all.

[size=medium]It takes you a little while to get use to the excal, but when you do you won't believe the stuff you find.[/size]

excal or cz20/21!!!!!!!!!!!!!