Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

which underwater detector is the best

Mike2

I am just about to buy my first underwater detector and have at this stage been focusing on the Excalibur 1000, however I thought I would ask the question, what would be the best underwater detector on the market, I would not be doing any diving as such but I would envisage doing most of my detecting in waist deep fresh and salt water. Whilst I am across most land based models I am lost in this new area of detecting. Any help would be appreciated

Regards
Mike:ausflag:

Mike, in my opinion you are looking at the best, if you could only have 1 submersible. The Excal may not be the deepest seeking, but by far the best to handle salt and fresh water and to discriminate iron, without missing any gold. GH

I use the Excal for the wet sand and I use a PI in the water, both have their advantages... The water at least around here tends to have less iron so I prefer the PI over the Excal but the Excal sure is great in the wet sand where most of the trash resides :)

Mike,
I use to have a Fisher CZ-20 and loved it. Found as much as my buddy with the Excal. He later sold the Excal and bought a CZ-20. The new CZ-21 coming out within the next few weeks looks very promising.

Thanks for the help Guys, I think I will stay with getting the Excal 1000, I will kep you posted on how I go.

Best wishes
Mike:ausflag: