Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

which tesoro

petew

Hello,I'm currently in the same position when I first started detecting,no detector and struggling to pick one.
I've owned from a eTrac to a f75ltd, and in between.always wanted a tesoro.
I still have a pinpointer, digger and tdk wireless headphones.
I hunt coins and jewelry,no relics.Very old homes and properties,some churches that are old.
I'll be trying to buy used,I'm looking at the vaquero, tejon,outlaw.
I like discrimination, and what would u choose
Maybe another one not posted?

All three of your choices are good ones and you're going to get a lot of different opinions on which is best. My pick would be the Vaquero. It will get around the same depth as the etrac and f75SE and is smooth running. You wouldn't think something that light and small could work as well as it does, but it does.

tabman

It is my opinion the vaquero is the slightly better performer for depth and mid conductors and the outlaw has better tonal qualities for working around the trash. Pick either, They are both fine detectors. The tejon I just can't quite get used to, I tried with two separate tejons and found I much prefer to stick with the Vaq and outlaw, some I am sure will disagree. Good luck selecting a new detector and enjoy whichever you select.