Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which one to buy ? Need Help.

mike mc

Hello
Hey everyone My wife and i are full time rving and right now we are baby sitting a closed camp ground in Texas .Just thinking of what's out there waiting
to be found is what dreams are made of . One could go crazy trying to pick a detector. It seems that the Garrett acer 250 will do as much if not more
then most high price detectors out there. Am i right ?
Thanks Mike

I found that the ACE250 is a fantastic machine. I have two, one was for backup. But now I have a more complex detector and don't need two. Listen to what others have to say and if interested let me know. It is a real nice machine in great condition.:garrett:

Mike:

If you are new to the hobby, I would strongly recommend the ACE250 over A higher end machine. For around $200 you cannot go wrong. There are many reasons, some of which are:

1- It is an easy machine to learn on. There are only a few basic controls, and you can easily choose from the preset modes, ALL METAL, JEWELRY, CUSTOM, RELIC, & COIN. Just set the mode and the sensitivity and you are ready to go.

2-The machine out performs many more expensive machines in depth

3-you can always get trade up. Used ACE 250s in good condition go for as high as $175. You can get most of your investment back if you decide to sell it.

4-If you decide metal detecting is not for you, you wont have dumped hundreds more into the hobby.

5- THe machine will pay for itself. I plan on using the ACE for a while and then buying a more sophisticated machine. It is being funded almost entirely with coins found with the ACE.\\\

GOod luck!

You are indeed right the Ace 250 will do it all besides being a full time RVer means you will be needing most of your cash to fill up that tank.
Happy trail to you both and enjoy your MDing
Don

I own twelve detectors. Some are the top of the line. But I find myself using my Ace 250 more and more. A couple of weeks ago I found a Men's diamond ring appraised at $2000.00 dollars with my Ace 250.....Jack

Plus the 250 is light and takes up very little space when broken down. Both concerns of RVers. Ace 250 is a lot of metal detector for a relatively small investment. I think mine paid for itself in about 6 weeks.

Good luck and hope to see some pics of you park finds.

Chris

Hello
Well that settles that I'll get the acer 250 . Well let you know what i find. Thanks all and happy hunting Mike