Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which one to buy...Explorer XS or Explorer II?

Jim Toews

Hi Guys & Gals,

I have a chance to purchase an Explorer XS for a good price, but should I hold out and wait for a deal on the Explorer II? What are the pro's and con's of these models when compared to each other? I see they both use the same amount of frequencies and physically appear much the same. Do both go as deep? One complaint I have seen regarding Explorers is the time it takes the computer to process the multi-frequency data and get it up on the screen. Does the Exp II have an updated faster processor, or are both units about the same?

Any help regarding choosing the overall better of the two would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim Toews
BC, Canada

Hi Jim,

The EXP II does process the data a bit faster than the XS, but apart from that I think they are very much the same, I have not used the XS so I don't really know if the slower recovery on the XS is a problem or not, I'm very happy with my EX II, and it get good results, which ever one you decide on I would recommend that you get a copy of Andy Sabisch's book "Mastering the Minelab Explorer XS & S" its very relevant to the EX II and save a lot of learning time, our local dealer gives a copy of it away with every EX II he sells.

Hope this of some help
All the best....Boony

I own and use the Explorer XS and I would just buy the Explorer XS that you know of just because the differences between the machines are very minimal and don't really effect the performance of either detector. You can set the XS in Fast anyways, so just buy the detector because to me, a couple hundred dollars more for the Explorer-II isn't worth it. I am not bashing the Explorer-II, it's just that the XS is just as good as the II and the XS is cheaper and will get the same results. Hope this helps out with your question.