Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which one should I trade in???

I have three detectors - The Tejon , Vaquero, and the Golden Umax. I like them all , but the Tejon and Vaquero are pretty similar machines and I was thinking of trading one of them in for something radically different. The problem is I like them both - The vaquero runs quiter in the junky areas I search , but I feel the Tejon is a little deeper machine , and I like the alt. discrimate feature. I was just wondering what some of you would do if you were in my shoes. I appreciate any advice that you could offer me. Thanks!! Tesoro-CoinShooter

Tesoro-CoinShooter,
Since I have a Cibola, Tejon, Sand Shark, CZ6A and CZ20 ... and like them all ... and am itching to try something else too but am not going to sell or trade any of them any time soon, my vote is keep what you got and save for the something radically different to add to the tools you already have.
tvr

I dont know much about your shoes, so it's pretty hard to say. But if you will continune to hunt in trashy areas where the Tejon is troubled, then keep the V. You can always use it, if needs be, as a relic machine. And it is little effort to thumb the DISC knob for target ID. At the same time, it is a good general purpose detector; lightweight with fast response. Similar things can be said about the Tejon, but not to the same degree on all counts.

If it were me, I'd sell the Tejon and get a Fisher F-70 or F-75. Then you'd have the V as your basic beep and dig, the Golden as a "crusier" and the Fisher for all out whomp.

One thing is certain - dont dump the Golden. Let everything else pivot around that one.

You said - I like them all.

So I say - keep them all.

If you sell one of them you will miss it & what would you gain by getting something else. Steve.

I was considering a fisher F-75 but I heard they had quality issues. I was kinda leaning towards a Garrett 2500 because I have a friend who has one and he really likes it. He dug a shield nickle on his property at about 10 inches. They also have a nice package deal going on right now. I know they are a heavy machine , but I have my Tesoros when my arm starts getting tired. I'm just toying with the idea , nothing is set in stone. Thanks for you input as always! Tesoro-CoinShooter .

My motto is "If something's worth having, it's worth having two (or more) of". If you can swing it, keep them all. As to radically different - The Garrett you mentioned, White's M6, MXT etc. If I were in your shoes, one thing I would consider is keeping machines compatible with the coils I have, as much as possible. In fact, that's why all my Tesoros are umax models rather than the HOT machines - I've got the coil selection for that group pretty well covered. However, if Tesoro brings out a promising TID machine with the HOT technology, then I'll jump into that group as well.
BB

I think your better off with what you have. the Garrett has a lot of features you may never use once the novelty wears off. You have traded in your Cortes & I think I would rather swing that. Like I told you in the shop The weight alone is enough to take a lot of fun out of a hunt of any length. If someone wants a Garrett I'd recommend the 1350 or 1500 before the 2500. .

Over the last 30 years I have owned nearly 100 different detectors looking for something "different". As doug said, the novelty eventually wears off. You have an awesome arsenal, and my mouth waters for the Golden-even though I have an older Royal that comes close to duplicating most of it's features. It's just something that once you start doing, it's hard to stop. The really HARD part is to find LOCATIONS and use what you have and wait for the time when they come with a detector that can tell the difference between aluminum,iron,steel, etc. and gold.

I'm afrade I am in the same boat as the others.

I sold a couple of Tesoro'es because it was

redundant.

Now I find myself missing my Cibola even though

I got a Vaquero.

I have five Tesoro'es.

Euro Sabre, Vaquero, Silver Sabre uMax and two

Compadre's

I don't want to sell any more.

But will buy another when the time is right.

Good Luck With Your Choice,

Tabdog

My advice will be a little different: keep Tejon, sell Vaquero which is similar, quiter, but not as deep as Tejon. Golden uMAX to me is a little obsolete, and not as deep, but keep it, if you really like it.

I've made a decision on my trade. I'm definately keeping the vequreo because of the five Tesoros that I have owned it's the smoothest running detector by far hands down ( That's just my opinion ) . The Golden may not be as deep but I like the different tones. That leaves the Tejon. I took it for a quick hunt when I got home from work tonight and it just doesn't handle my junky yard well at all for me ( I even had my 5.75 concentric coil on it ). I have trouble ground balancing it ( I actually had to walk quite a ways into the woods by my house to find an area where I could even come close to ground balancing it - which is kinda spooky at midnight on Halloween ) , and then it still ran pretty erratic for me. I'll get a good repeatable signal - dig a hole - Then I get a clippy signal. I'm just thinking that the Tejon is more of a relic machine and not for finding coins in trashy areas. I'm sure some of you more experienced detectorists may not be experiencing the same problems I am , but for me the Vaquero is more well suited to the areas that I hunt in. Thanks to all of the people who me gave their advice / opinions. I really apreciated the input. Happy Hunting , Craig.

Your Tejon probably should be serviced, as I never experienced problems with ground balancing. I have two Tejons: standard and french version, and they are finding heaps of coins. You only need to use a good headphones.