Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

which new tesoro

findit

out of the new available tesoro's which would be best to find silver coins? or are they all pretty much the same?

It's an interesting question because it has to do with several factors....Frequency, Disc. ID, and Mineralized
soil. Here's some clues as to how these relate and only involve Tesoro VLF detectors for this forum....

Here's an excellent article by engineer George Payne from 2002:

http://www.jb-ms.com/Baron/payne.htm

The article is a 2-parter, for our discussion the 2nd part is more pertinent, titled:

"Why a VLF ground balanced detector has less sensitivity to higher conductive
targets in the All Metal mode"

The last part of the article states (out of context): "Generally we can say that HIGH
frequencies are best for LOW conductivity targets and LOW frequencies are best
for HIGH conductivity targets."

So, Silver being a HIGH conductor, we should choose a detector with a comparatively
LOW operating frequency.

Three detectors stand out in that order, at 10 kHz each, but also with excellent disc. and even
Audio ID.. The GOLDEN, CORTES and DeLEON. Those would be my choices, but following this
idea, the SILVER at 10.6 kHz, could also be a contender. Good luck on your own decision!
..W

I have been doing great with my DeLeon c my post Deleon finds deep silver It keeps amazing me in parks that have been hit hard I can find silver coins others have missed

taking into consideration then on the frequency the cibola and vaquero are around 14khz, and the deleon, cortes are around 10khz. does just the 4khz really make a big difference? i thought that tesoro labeled the deleon and cortes a coin machine mainly because of the tid? please let me know

Findit, IMO the 4 kHz extra could well make a difference in finding silver at DEPTH.
The jury is still out on the frequency debate though, as per a previous statement by
George Payne that his guess on an "ideal" inclusive frequency would be 12.5 kHz for
most targets. But he did not mean that all areas would reflect that ability, given that soils
can vary widely with mineralization.

My belief is that there probably is a one best frequency for silver and all other non-ferrous
targets, which may or may not be 10 kHz, although certainly the previous post by Phinbolt
on this forum with pix of his silver finds at impressive depths with his 10 kHz DeLeon would
suggest that 10 kHz may indeed be that one "best" frequency we seek.

Since we know that lower frequencies penetrate more deeply than higher ones, it would seem
that perhaps all VLF's should always use lower frequencies for non-ferrous targets like silver,
whereas the higher freq's of 15 kHz to 71 kHz all seem to find smaller GOLD than the lower freq's but
don't have quite the depth of the lower freq's (under 15 kHz). So it would appear that the search for
Silver would mean "the lower the frequency the better" for best success. But what would that be...
3,5,7, 8, or 10 kHz? Test garden experiments may reveal some clues, so let's get busy!
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!!
..W

Basically all the Tesoro's are great for silver. Try the Silver uMax or Golden both are great coin shooters. The Cibola and Vaquero are great. I use the Vaquero and a Troy X2 (Silver uMax) and they both find silver very well. IMO it the skill of the user and not the machine. Listen and learn what your detector is telling you. Tesoro's might only be one tone for the most part, but they still will tell you a lot of what is in the ground before you dig. I think Monte has answered the question on frequency on this or another forum before. I will say though is the 4khz difference will not make a noticeable difference. Being 14khz makes them good all around machines. Just like they are marketed...

Would still like to here more on the frequency making a difference on silver, but between the silver umax and cibola which do you think would be better finding silver? Barber coins etc.

The Cibola has a little better depth over all but the Silver seems to go just as deep if not deeper on silver. It also likes nickles more than the Cibola.

The Cibola seems to be a little better on gold.

That's my impression and I could be wrong. They both are very good detectors for finding silver and gold. One thing that is different between the detectors and may have an effect on their capabilities is that the Cibola has HOT Technology. Another aspect that effects gold more than silver is the fact that the Cibola's discriminator will accept lower conductive materials.

Hope that helps,

silver umax vs the cibola on hunting silver coins. silver lower frequency(don't know if it is that big of deal), cibola hot technology is thought to go deeper, higher frequency might find smaller stuff JMO? tabdog i thought they both have the same discriminator's

Yes. In other words, I think the Cibola might find real small stuff a little easier, in both the discrimination and all metal modes. The Cibola's ability to detect lower conductive targets is better than the Silver.

The Silver Sabre uMax and the Silver Sabre both have an ED-120 discriminators. That's supposed to mean it will accept ( or read ) 120 degrees of what we conceder to be the full 180 degree spectrum of conductive materials.

The Cibola is reported by Tesoro to have an ED-180 discriminator. Although Monte says Cibola actually has about 165 degrees of acceptance. I believe he is right about that. He proved it to me.

I don't think operating frequency has as much to do with the ability to pick up silver as the way the metal detector is engineered. Some times limits of circuitry can be advanced to over come some of what is considered to be boundaries.

The Silver is a great low cost detector. It can do a very good job. It has a few less features than the Cibola. But I've gone behind the Silver with the Cibola to see if the Silver left anything. I can tell you one thing. It's slim pickings behind the Silver.

That's how I see it and I hope that helps,