Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which large coil?

Stingraymb

Should I buy a 12.5" imaging coil for my 1500 (about $140 shipped) or the 9x12" coil for the Ace 250 - $80 shipped? Opinions? Is the 12.5" coil on the 1500 just too heavy? Will the 9x12 on the Ace 250 do me justice?

The large coil for ace 250 will fly swing it fast swing it slow,has pretty good separation and seems to like quarters hits them hard.I have dug hot wheels at 11 and 11 half with it have not hit any coins that deep with yet but have dug some at 9 and more.If there is trash around and it is a bell tone coin you will hear and if you work it right you will be able to separate it.It seem to work OK in really hot ground,if coins are surface to maybe 4 inches it will ring like las Vegas,Pinpoint is almost same as stock coil hope this helps some just opinion.Sorry dont know anything about image coil maybe some else will answer .Good luck Good hunting.

The imaging coil is slightly heavier but no problem. Money wise I would go for the 9X12 on the 250. You'll find just as much and it's lighter to swing, but it depends on whether you want imaging or not.

Bill

If you strictly hunt for coins and rings, go for the large coil on the ACE 250 like Bill Suggested. If you want to do some relic hunting, you may want to go with the other coil.

Decisions, decisions decisions.......

I use the 12.5 Imaging coil for my 2500 and I also use the 12x9 coil for my 250.

Pleased with both, but the 250 is my favorite.

Regards Chris