Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which is the beter coinshooter?

I just ordered a like new Coin$trike , but I'm curious which detector do you feel is the better coinshooter - The Coin$trike , the Edge , or the Excel? Thanks for your opinions. CoinShooter-Craig

Craig, I have used a bunch of Coinstrikes and also had an Excel that I put about two hundred hours on. First, the Excel is a great coin detector with very respectable depth. Does above average job in junk. I just saw one for sale that was used less than two hours with a Sunray probe for 220.00 from a respected member. What a deal as the probe alone is about 180.00. The Coinstrike is a winner in my book, but the most important adjustment is the threshold. It will lock on a coin and if the vdi numbers stay in a three digit range, it is a coin. It is the most sensitive detector I have ever used when walking around a target, checking it from all angles. I find that if you don't do this, you will dig junk. It seems to get a perfect tone and a good number with every sweep, but if you don't check it from a 90 degree angle, it is not always a coin. If the tone and numbers stay relatively consistant from different angles, start digging. Yesterday I dug a way deep 1912 wheat penny(9plus inches) The signal was faint, but consistant and the numbers stayed in the 22 to 25 range. Awesome and as deep as any detector made today. I also dug five junk targets at this depth, but they have characteristics that I knew they were junk. They all had a consistant tone from all angles, but the numbers changed to the mid teens when I checked from 90 degrees. I guess what I am saying is this detector will lock on a coin even at depths. I don't have problems with old bottle caps because they will be all over the board with their numbers even with good tones. You have to trust the detector and pass on these targets if all factors are not consistant. Also, the C$ is great in trash even with the 8 inch coil. A small coil is even better. I dig the least amount of deep rusty iron with the C$ which is a good thing if you are strictly a coin hunter. I turned the iron disc off yesterday and I was amazed at how much iron was in the ground. One thing I don't like about the Coinstrike and CZ's is the weight of the 8 inch coil. It is not too heavy, but the detector is slightly bottom heavy. I bought a Sunray probe and did not like the balance of the detector so I took it off. If anyone is interested, I will sell it for what I paid for it(85.00 shipped). This probe will work on the ID Edge also. Good luck and don't be shy about asking for help as there a bunch of experienced Coinstrike users here. R.L.

Hi RLOH. Thanks for the very informative post. I will be about two weeks until I get my coinstrike. I have a T-2 and an X-Terra 705 , but I'm leaning towards selling my 705 to a friend of mine who wants one. I like my T-2 a little better than the X-Terra anyways. I do like the 705 , but I think I get more depth with my T-2 and I like using my small coil on my T-2 for the trashy sites that I hunt. I'm sure the T-2 and Coin$trike would make a great coinshooting duo. I had the E-Trac , but for all the hype and for how expensive it was I wasn't very impressed. I dug more rusty nails with the E-Trac than I dug with any other detector that I owned. I sure in the right hands the E-Trac is an awesome machine , just not in mine. I'll need to regroup a bit after my new purchase , but if you have trouble selling your probe let me know and maybe we can work something out. Thanks again for the great info on the CoinStrike! CoinShooter-Craig

Also I would like to add the Coin$trike picks up placer gold fairly well even though it operates at 6.5KHZ:detecting: I was just testing it today with some placer gold that I had mined with my high banker to see if the Coinstrike would hit the gold target to my suprise it hit the placer in disc and even better in all metal mode:clapping: This is a very good detector and it has suprised me with its performance and ability to hit very small targets!!