Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

which is better fisher f-2 or tesoro silver umax

Hal.since this is a Fisher Forum I have to say Fisher !!!
LOL teasing a little.......... depends on if you like ID or dig and beep

The F2 has some mighty good feeback though.. I'm told the depth is decent too.

f2 has tones & id meter :thumbup:
silver is a mono tone great machine tho
but i love my tones
both are lightweight

I have a Silver umax and I always have loved that little machine.--I've never owned an F-2 but I'm sure it's good to.---They have different features--it depends on what you want in a detector.---A suggestion would be--if you can't get a "hands on" of the two machines--purchase them both & use them a bit, seeing which one you liked best, then selling the other one.---It wouldn't cost too much to do that as they are both very reasoneably priced detectors. :thumbup: --------Del

the f2 will suprize you & its got iron rejection par 1 wont pick up nails or rusty bottle caps :clapping:
there both great machines ive owned them both but my vote gos to the f2
its a coin killer with the small coil & fun too

I have a Silver and you dont need TID, just learn your tone. I use a 4,8, and 12x10 coil. Check out my finds on Treasure Quest for ShovelNose but you will need some time because this machine has found alot of loot. 9 rings, Silver and wheaties all fairly shallow(3") since Jan. Nothing wrong with the F2 but you will miss alot of you count on TID IMHO. The lower price machines dont seem to be on it when you get over a couple inchs from my research.Untill you learn tones on your machine I wouldnt look at TID for at least 50 hrs of use except to match it to your find. Im saving for the CZ3D for the really deep stuff. I measure my finds and 1" to 5" is about all you need for most cases in my neck of the woods. I never get stumped in parks here that are really hunted hard. Hope this helps.

i have a tendency to agree with you on the general depth of coins!..have hunted over thirty years here in new england,and i gotta tell ya
MOST of my finds have been yanked from the 2" to 7" depth,and this includes coins over 275 years old!..there is still plenty of stuff to be found amongst the
trash,however don't think MOST of it is deeper than 6" or 7" down...no !..what you need to get this stuff is a detector that will separate targets quickly so you
can ascertain what's down there,and be able to distinguish good from bad!..current detectors are able to do this now,and the hobby has REALLY opened up!

(h.h!)
j.t.

Man, I know I'm gonna piss some of yall off, but hands down the silver blows away the f-2.I have both, and I garentee the silvers disc is superior, its built better, and has a real lifetime warranty. The F2 falses alot, and is built like Chinese crap. Now before yall think I'm a Fisher hater, I have an f-70 that I do like.-Ray

gifford's a survivor!

(h.h!)
j.t.

My F2 was great, solid enough, hit targets well (not at 12 inches mind you) and I had a great deal of fun with it. Found about $1500 AUD with it. light as a feather swing all day. pinpoint perfect.
and I personally get a lot of enjoyment from viewing the VID number and predicting what the target is before I dig, If in fact I choose to dig. great fun machine at a great price and even better with a 4" coil added to the package.