Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which GT Coil

uk ninjafox

Hi all,

I'm looking for a bigger coil for my GT, It will only be used on the beach, i was thinking of either a SEF 15x12 or a WOT coil, But which one is better ?.

And which is the lighter one, Any advice would be a great help..

for me the Sun Ray S12 was the best.the WOT was harder to pinpoint and way too big to swing under water.the S12 is very good on small Gold easy to pinpoint and lighter than the stock 10"!

I've used the WOT, and have settled in on the Sunray S-12 for beach & water hunting, so far so good:clapping:

if you just work the beach go for the SEF is my opinion, in the water it would be harder to swing(although not much)

I'd either go with the 12x10 or 15x12. You'll just love the 15x12 for coverage. In the water, though, I'd go S-12, 10", or the 12x10. Just tried the 15x12 on my GT in the water and it forced me to swing a tad slower than I prefer for best response on deep targets while hunting for the next one. I was using a less strong custom shaft, though, so with the stock one you might be able to horse the coil around faster, but that would still be more work IMHO than a smaller coil.