Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which Coil to purchase?

dlkamp

I once again need some expertise on selecting a coil for my silver umax. I want to try and gain a little added depth without compromising too much on the smaller coin targets. I am looking at the 9x8; 10 1/2 or the 12x10 concentric coils. Which coil do you think makes more sense in coin shooting. I know they say that the larger coil will give more depth on larger targets but will you gain anything on smaller targets (coins). The smaller coils work fine and dandy in trashy areas, but want something that will cover more ground and add a little depth. Please give me your 2 cents worth on the 3 coils I have listed. Also, is the spider type coil better than the round concentric type of coil? Finally do they make any different coils for the com padre than the standard coil that comes with the machine? Thanks

DLKAMP

As for me I just use the stock coil and the 5.75" coil. Thats it. Of course I am not a treasure hunter just a coin shooter and to tell you the truth I have never found a coin more than 6" deep. FWIW

That would be my suggestion too. I usually have the 5.75 on unless I put on the 4" for really trashy areas. I haven't really tried to hunt with the 9X8 in anything but less trashy areas. It (9X8 ) gets good depth but generally a mid size coil (5.75) will work better for coin hunting in all but the really clear sites where larger may get you a few more inches. HH TonyTX

well i was thinking of the 7" widescan it will cover lots of ground because its a widescan and yet will be able to pick out small targets in trash and get 5" 6" depth otherwise the 10x12 for best depth i have used the 8x9 and its is a real coin shooter can get a dime at 6" in bad ground and pinpoints to a sq inch but does not have good coverage i would say 4" coverage per sweep its hard to say for parks i would go the 7" widscan but for relicks and deeper thing 10x12