Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

which coil is better for f2 11 inch double d or 10 inch concentric

I used both on my F4 (effectively the same machine as the F2) and it's a depends kind of question/answer. If you're trying to cover the most amount of ground, and don't care about bottlecaps ringing in as quarters, then by all means the 11" DD is the way to go. Lot's of trash, then use the 11" DD. If you're in a bottle cap infested area, then the 10" concentric is the way to go. Both coils are good IMHO, but have different applications.

HH,
Brian

I have a 10 inch (coil) and I like the balance and the fact all the numbers remain the same. I also like round coils for that machine because you can pinpoint very accurately.
Depending on the amount of targets in any one sweep, I change between 4, 8, and 10 inch coils. Each of my coils has it's own lower stem for easy swapping.
I find with DD coils i have to test at 2 points 90 degrees to each other which is a bit of a pain for me
IMHOO

Yeah I used both, I found the 10" easier when learning, now I only use the DD coil, bottle caps will give a slightly different, non steady, id if you circle around them, so I know its not a coin, at least it works with our coinage here in NZ

Ha, I would love to have a go with it but he lives 1500 kms away from here. It would be interesting, I think there would be a bit more learning with the etrak.