Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

where to sell my gold finds:poke:

rever5101

has any one here ever sent there gold finds off to one of those freegoldkit.com things and if so what is the ruff percentage of market value or is it even worth it ,i have 24.4dwt of 14k & 2.8dwt of 10k i found in the last year or so and was hoping to liquidate it .........................the only site that had there pay out listed said they give $24.21 per dwt for 14k but the local pawn shop said they only give $12.00 that seems iffy to me about the whole mail in thing:nopity: ...are just going rob me or is it worth it thanx

Some people on the SURF and SAND forum seem to recommend highly Midwest Refineries.
I think if you goggle them you'll be able to find more info.
I think there in central US.

Take my word on this once it is sold it is gone forever. My wife and I were raising six children in Hawaii on SSgt pay in the 80's. We worked the beaches and the kids ate gold. Unfortunately we sold almost all the gold and pt we found. I would truly love to have those rings back now that the price of gold is more than three times what it was then. The memories alone are worth a lot to me now. My counsel is to wait if you can. Keep the most valuable or the ones that represent the best memories. I have also heard good things about Midwest but haven't used them yet. I do have some broken jewelry that I may sell off soon and I expect to use Midwest. I would never use a local pawn shop/coin shop/jewelry shop that I didn't have a very close relationship with. When I say close I mean when I sit down for Thanksgiving dinner the owner had better be across from me before I trust on of these guys with my gold. Seriously, I heard others talk about the local guy they sell their stuff to and when they give the actual numbers I know they have been ripped off. Take your time buy a cheap scale off ebay. You can get a test kit there too and test your finds. Read here and like the other guy said the beach guys are the ones getting a lot of the gold and have the experience selling gold. Learn and read as much as you can, half of it is finding the gold the half is selling it is the other half. You don't want to look back and discover you got had so take your time. Best to you, Mike.

Midwest Refineries ripped me off TWICE so i wont use them anymore. Havent got a replacement yet.

A while back on 20/20, Dateline or one of these, don't remember, there was a piece done on this very thing. Put your gold items in an envelope and just send it in. They sent in their gold jewerly but they only offered about 40%, as I recall, of the true wholesale value. They went to a jewerly store and weighed the jewerly and knew the weight of gold and about how much they should receive. Also the place they sent the gold items, said if you don't take their offer, they will return the items back to you, but it took many phone calls and about 2 months to get the jewerly back. Before returning the gold items they made another offer, this time it was, I believe, 60% of the wholesale valve. Wouldn't do it. Carry the gold items yourself to a place that buys gold and if you don't like what you are offered then you just walk away.

One should find out what they pay before sending your stuff in. My wife uses the same refiner that her dentist uses. That's a good place to start. Dentists don't deal with people that screw them.

Bill

Midwest Refineries is really good. I use them. You get the best deal when you send in around an once of pure gold so that is almost 2 ounces of 14kt gold. call Gary who will answer all of your questions. He's very helpful. If you want to sell locally shop around. I have a local guy that pays a fair price but I have some that really low ball you like that guy is doing to you. Maybe depending on the weight of the ring. Don't use any of the companies that advertise on TV. They will rip you off.

Chris