Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where to Hunt??????

jcham

Ok I've been detecting on land for about 5 years. A month ago I picked up an Excaliber 1000. Last month I was lucky enough to pull two gold rings and being November do consider both of them very lucky. I'm new to the water and last weekend I had this feeling that I was hunting in the wrong spots. I look for the pools and where the surf breaks but is there something else I should be looking for:surrender: Thanks

Jamie

jcham, there are many excellent publications available on water hunting. Clive James Clynick's "Water Hunting":Secrets of the Pros, Andy Sabisch's Advanced Water Working Techniques and Charles Garrett's the new Treasure Recovery From Sand & Sea are all excellent resource materials. I have read or am in the process of reading all of them.

For starters don't get fixed on one depth. For instance don't just hunt the edge of the water. Try some up and backs, from the shallow to the deeper water (try going out at an angle). Look for troughs and lower spots in the surf sands or exposed shell in the edges of the water. Definitely hunt during low and - tides, as you can get to deeper water, without getting a beating. When you begin to have coins showing in your scoop, be sure to check a wide circumference in that area. Try new things out there, don't get in a rut. Think outside the box. Hunt where others don't go, just to see what's out there. Do your research and find areas where people once swam in the water, there is still loot there. Read these books and then if your still having a hard time, lemme know. I think you will get 'r done! GH
[attachment 42095 emblem.JPG]
Check out my last couple of hunts on the water hunting forum for some loot examples.

Thanks I've been reading some books but not the ones you recomended once my coil cover comes in I'll pick them up. The first two weeks were pretty good two gold rings in two days but I think I found them because I wasnt looking for anything(practice scoops).

It's now december and am thinking winter may be a wash out up here in New England. I am frustrated or in a rut, today I said I should hang up the Excaliber for the winter:confused: We had this big storm up here Friday so I went Saturday and the waves were to high and today I missed the tide. I'll check out you other posts, thanks again for responding...

Jamie