Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where is everyone? ..................

Kelley (Texas)

Everyone on vacation at the same time? Is there a boycott of this Forum that I do not know about? Is this Forum fixin to go out of business and folks are running for cover? All that I know is that since the first of the year, less and less folks are posting stories, or even responding to the few stories that are being posted...why? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to bring this forum back to life? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Why bother:shrug:

not too busy with their world to reply. It sure the hell doesn't make me want to bother. I am not coming here much an more because of it. It pisses me off and why get pissed off at something you have no control over?:blink: That is the nature of the world now days. Let the other guy do the work for me. I will enjoy it and piss on him, it is his duty to entertain me.

What we got here? A bunch of Obama liberals reading this forum? Whoda thunk it?

I do not want to spend several hours posting a story that I have no way of knowing if anyone enjoyed it or not because of the lack of response. What has me puzzled is that there are some great folks on this forum and I do not understand what is going on...did I post something offensive to them or do something that has caused them to not want to read the stories? Is it possible that some folks are "feeling down" because of the high gas prices, slow economy, and the poor prospects of this upcoming presidential election? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I'm preparing a quiz on ancient treasures on another forum right now and the research is extensive. I had planned to run the quiz in August and reconsidered because I expected things to get really slow this month. People are on vacation, sorting out honey do lists or just huddling next to the A/C.:laugh: The dirtfishers aren't detecting right now unless they can get out really early before the heat hits and that's assuming that they've had rain or the ground is like concrete; even the surf pirates aren't doing much at the moment unless they're in Florida as every place else is sanded in. It's been a pretty grim summer for detecting.:thumbdown:
I've got a couple of stories rattling around in my head right now but I have to finish the quiz and write my essay on water hunting techniques.

Be Kewl,

Eric

One thing is for sure, I will not be mentioning it anymore. Feel assured that I have the highest respect and fondness for many of the good folks that use to post here as well as the few remaining ones that still post here, it is probably best that I also exit this beloved forum until which time folks start posting again for what ever reasons. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I try to get here every day... but there are those times when I am too tired and will miss a day or so. Be that as it may, I still will try to comment on topics where I can. Videos are still pretty much out of my reach though. It just takes too long to download and view them.

Hopefully, at summers end, people will come back and we can get back to a semblance of normalcy. :):

calm seas, fair winds

Mikie

there is no excuse but lazyness or selfishness for the many, mostly lurkers, that will read and not even bother to comment. I don't see it a problem if a person doesn't respond to a joke but a story is another matter.

This has been a problem for a long time and it is the reason I had Gary find someone else to tend it and take my name off of it. I used to be proud of the forum and look forward to reading it, the story's and comments. Now there are days I just don't care to bother with it.

Rude, selfish people suck in my view. I have met some great people on this forum and there have been others that have drifted away for one reason or another, most of them do post to the story's but there are others that rarely ever post to a story and with a hundred hits and only 7 different replys it is shameful.

it is because most of those that read are willing to take but just too bush to make a comment like, "Good Job" or " Thanks for the effort" Readers sure the hell don't make a forum. Posters make a forum and on this forum the ones that write the story's make the forum but too few are supporting their efforts.

Sure makes me want to put out the effort:thumbdown:

away from my wife. The "honey-do list" is killing me. No time these days. Come bedtime I just fall in and pass out! :help:

You might want to try an experiment to test her...walk up to her and in a firm voice tell her that you are the man of the house, thus the boss of the house. Then give her a list of things that you want to see changed around the house. After you do this, report back to us and let us know how every thing went, OK? The key is to be firm and act like you are in control...you can do it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Plenty of time coming up this winter to be cooped up indoors feeding a wood stove or escape the cold weather. Only about 3 weeks of real nice warm weather here before it starts to change again. I like fall weather. Only so many days of summer and they are coming to and end all to fast for me. With my daughter back home I'm more busy than usual. We have been doing more races, and more bike rides than expected and helping out a lot of other clubs because we have the time right now. IN between, bringing in wood, wood and more wood. Spare time I'm splitting that wood.

I feel everyone is busy with family and the fun of summer. Once the get back indoors it will pick up again. Heck, just stock pile all your pictures and stories till they are back indoors, meantime they drop in and say hi. It really don't bother me. Still the same guys and gals, just in summer mode.

My wifes away this week in New Hampshire at a Dennis Reis school on natural horsemanship. Her girlfriend is getting ready to go with him to schooling shows so they are spending the week up there. So me and the kids are bike riding extraordinaire's on the roads and up at any track available to us. Southwick today, all the pro's will be there for the southwick national in 2 weeks, Stafford yesterday and the day before, and a road ride Tuesday and Wednesday. Life is good.

Geo

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t