Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where is every one, I enjoy reading your stories.

is a busy time to try to enjoy boating , painting house trim, yard work etc. But week after week its been wet! So wet, some towns have postponed fireworks till Sunday.

Hey Paul,

This time of year life shifts into high gear for most of us and leaves little time for those activities that we enjoy in the "off season"!!!

Sorry friend, but that's how it is and always has been!

You will see spurts of posts, but until later in the year when "life" eases up a bit you can expect the trend to continue!!

Sorry,

CJ

our yard are starting to dry out and get huge brown spots in them. I mowed the church yard on Thursday and I was covered with so much dust you couldn't tell what color my clothes were. The weather station reports temp in the mid to upper 90's today, too hot for me.

I also think that there are other factors involved too. Many of us have been posting our experiences here for years and there are only so many things we have done that others may be interested in. There are many lurkers that come here to read but share nothing at all. Some call them lurkers but I see them as leaches:shrug:always willing to take but give nothing in return, not even a comment on a story that they enjoyed and the writer might have spent hours working on.

I have posted story's and see 20 reads and a couple replies and it tells me that the story sucks. I have the option to delete it the next day and often do. I really can not see myself bothering to post many more story's. One reason is that I have told about everything that I think might be of interest but another is the leaches. Six or eight of us can not carry the whole forum.

I see a few that will post a story occasionally but almost NEVER comment on anyone Else's story's. Well I have pretty much quit reading their posts. I think others have too.

This used to be a fun place to call home for me. My friends were here. Some still are but Sunny, Butch, John, Rob, Lil Brother, etc have left and it seems to be much different now. It has lost much of its uniqueness to me. It has lost the campfire feeling and turned into pretty much a joke forum. Hell, that is all I seem to be posting lately and most of them are just rehashed email jokes:shrug:

I think the spark has left this forum and with the lurkers and leachers not doing their part it seems to be dying.

I have some long time friends still here but so many have left. The really good days have gone it seems. In all the years I have been on the web I have seen it happen before but just never thought of it happening here but fear it has.

I feel THAT is the reason this forum is dead, it is not just because we are busy, it is because there is little to entice us to bother with a story any more. This forum has been here for years and there have been many summers but it has never been like this. Hell, I can write a story and email it to the few that contribute to the forum, just as I have decided to do with any video's I bother to make. Waste of effort to post them here:shrug:

Well that is the way I feel about it

Hi Royal,

Having no hesitation to share your feelings about the forum is evidence to me of how much you care about it!

Not everyone is willing or able to contribute to the material posted here, but play a part by reading it.

Their observations and replies would certainly enrich the forum and add energy to it and help keep it lively.

Those you mentioned as leaving the forum are missed, but are they truly gone?

I know that life's challenges can interfere with being active in things such as this forum.

I hope you are wrong in your assessment of the future of this entity we call our home!

I plan to definitely be as much a part as I am able until the last curtain call!!

Best wishes Friend and I hope you have a Great 4th of July,

CJ

Wayne, Fred, Mike, Ron, You, George, Willy, Orlando, Dan, etc. I risk forgetting someone but these are the heart of this forum at this time. These are the ones that never forget to post when they read a story but there are many that just read and ignore the efforts of the writers. I have complained abut it but the users just ignore it. Too much trouble to do their part it seems.

I am just posting what I feel is happening to this forum. Burn out with the ones that do post and with me, digsust for those that are just too busy to do the right thing. Rather selfish in my view:shrug: All of us are cheated

http://www.nwanews.com/bcdr/News/75013/

Benton County Daily Record
Raining rebar : A southeast Rogers neighborhood has been repeatedly hit with flying metal debris.

By Tom Treweek Staff Writer ! tomt@nwanews.com

Posted on Friday, July 3, 2009

ROGERS - When Kevin Montondo mows his yard, he puts on his hardhat. On some days, he adds a camouflage down-lined coat, the closest thing to Kevlar that he owns. It's a comedic image until he pulls out the 5/8-inch nut that fell on his car or the bits of rebar that hit his house.

"What's hitting will literally kill you," Montondo said.

He collects the projectiles from his yard in Ziploc bags, an estimated 25 pounds so far. Some days there's more than a dozen nuts, bolts, marbles, ratchet bits and other hard, launchable objects. He finds most of them in the morning because the barrage comes at night - every night for the last two months.

Montondo said the Blackburn subdivision in southeast Rogers has been under a self-imposed lockdown since the assault began about two months ago. At the peak of summer vacation, the neighborhood's nearly 30 children are nowhere to be seen because there is no telling when the metal will fall. The earliest Montondo has noticed it was 11 a.m., but debris was also reported hitting at 4:17 a.m. After dark, the falling objects can seem like a hailstorm.

"The night the rebar was coming in, it was like it was raining," he said.

Police have been in the neighborhood regularly. Cpl. Angel Murphy-Pearce said calls came from Montondo's home on Mulberry Street and the adjacent B Street, but investigators have no witnesses of the acts, just the aftermath. They have canvassed the neighborhood by vehicle and by foot. They've interviewed residents several times and have attempted to lift fingerprints from the debris. Investigators still have no suspect.

There is still no certainty about the culprit's methods. Residents have suggested several possibilities of propulsion, from a shotgun to something mechanical, Murphy-Pearce said. They've also suggested several suspects, but those suspects have, so far, turned out to be victims as well.

The Montondos' behavior is that of a family accepting what is going on, trying to accommodate the behavior to lessen the damage.

"I leave my windows down because that's less windows that will get broke," Sydney Montondo said.

But Kevin Montondo's speech is peppered with references to firearms and manhunts.

"We've been told we're not supposed to shoot back, and we're not doing that," he said.

The projectiles come from a northerly or northeasterly direction, and the items falling from the sky seem to be getting smaller of late, Sydney Montondo noted. That is little consolation.

As the holiday weekend approached, Kevin Montondo only feared the activity would escalate. Police have been responding within three minutes of his calls, he said, but he won't rest until the person is caught.

Police also want this to end, preferably before someone is hurt. So far, no one has been hit with the debris, only structures and vehicles, but that kind of luck may not last forever.

"We very much want to get to the bottom of this," Murphy-Pearce said.

Because of the number of occurrences, Murphy-Pearce could not speculate on the criminal charges the culprit will face. That decision, she said, will be up to the prosecuting attorney.

But to charge the suspect, police must find one. Murphy-Pearce said anyone with information on the incidents is asked to call the Police Department at 636-4141.
Calm seas

Micheal

I'm truly sorry you feel that way Royal. I really enjoy reading the stories here. I come home from a hard days work and sit down in front of the computer and read some of the stories and I laugh or cry with the writers of the forum, it is something I look forward to, it relaxes me, I can forget my worries of the day, for a little while anyway. I was taught all my young adult life not to show emotions, not to respond to anything that would not make me a man. That is why I find it hard to put into words "I liked your story". I am not a computer person, I don't even know how to put pictures on this thing. Royal, please don't think we are leaches. God Bless. Your friend, Paul

we care little about sentence structure and there is even a spell check down below. You can bet you have something interesting to contribute and I will be the first to read it, well maybe, some of these guys are fast.

The forum can not stand with just a few contributing, new blood is needed and believe me, saying thanks or nice job is not considered a weakness here, it is considered friendly:thumbup:

I am not speaking for anyone else in this forum but it is the way I feel and I have not ever been good at holding back how I feel. This forum has been a home for me for a long time and it is as if the kids are leaving home and leaving it empty

We used to make them at work. We never shot the rebar and nuts and bolts though but I am sure it would work. I once saw one that would shoot a couple gallons of water 75 ft on the level! That bad boy would be dangerous with a load of bolts in the water!!

It seems mighty strange that the cops can not catch the clown. A fool like that is certainly bragging to his buddys at the local goat breeding party:biggrin:

On TV I saw a fellow in Britain using a catapult to fling a VW Beetle clear across a field and they had some sort of competition to see who could toss things the farthest!!

It wouldn't take much of a machine to toss around the stuff mentioned in the Mikey's story.

CJ