Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

where i hunt

captRobert

boardwalk area Santa cruz, ca..after memorial day beaches were deserted...thats ok by me...but they will slowly fill back up. nice to see some cuts forming need to get rid of another 3 to 5 feet...this beach is about a quarter mile south of main beach. this area goes back to the spanish period and i've seen and experienced some great finds here..gold coins to reales and lots of jewelry are there laying on the bedrock.I'm not kidding when i say theres 100s of thousands of dollars/maybe millions under these sands.I've seen clad to silver coins so thick all you've needed was your scoop and eyeballs to get them. .timing is everything to get to it and the big WS swells need to rips the beaches apart ...fingers crossed for winter....so my Excal can do its magick...thanks for looking hunters

I hope you get the weather your looking for to strip that beach down. Thats the stuff of metal detecting dreams!
BTW what type of shaft is your Excal on?

Hi Crash,
Its a old parts shaft, I use a whites after market handle that i had($16 as i remember)and cuff, and the minelab lowershaft, Drilled some holes to fit the excal brains an battery, pulled the snap on springs from the ML sock S handle inserted them and viola a cheap well balanced shaft that cost me almost nothing. I personally like the s haft because of where to the coil sits in relationship to my arm...to me it gives better control. took all of 10 min. to put together.