Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where do you wear a padlock ?

Dan-MO

I have listed a few items I have had lying around for a while on Ebay during the past couple of weeks. Today, among other things, I listed these old Railroad Padlocks. Imagine my surprise when a few minutes after listing them.....Ebay removed them and informed me in a stern email that they are prohibited items classified as part of a airline or transit workers uniform....These items are prohibited because they don't want people (terrorists) to be able to impersonate airline or transit workers.

I understand and support this BUT could someone tell me where a padlock is worn? And how can I impersonate a Railroad worker with a couple of old padlocks without keys? Geesh I hope I am not on some list somewhere because of this! I have asked Ebay for an explanation thur their policy's and should receive a response in 24 to 48 hrs.

Hey Dave, If I show up tomorrow with my padlocks do you think they will let me drive the train?:lol:

n/t

n/t

Sounds like the bay is a bit anally retentive! I've been on the job for over 12 years and never wore a lock. I do carry spare gaskets and a cap chain on my bibs along with my keys but the locks are on the switch stands.

How much were you asking?

You may be on to something Sunny ! But on second thought,maybe that is a good thing.....Offering the locks WITH keys may have really stroked them out at ebay!:lol: