Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where do you sell your findings?

jnstrom

I know that any nice coin can go on ebay and sell. But what about your other findings? Where are good places to sell your items?:blowup:

like what kind of "other findings"?

How about a mens Bulova watch? I can't imagine a pawn shop giving more than $25 or $30 for a $250 or so watch. It's nice, but nothing I would wear myself.

Ken

For jewelry, it's pretty sad. There's no shortage of people trying to sell used (uh.... "estate") jewelry on ebay and various other classifieds. So things don't get bid up too high there, unless you're talking about a simply fabulous graded authenticated diamond. Mostly, when it just comes to gold value, you'll do good to get much over the melt value. So for that reason, I usually just hawk common bands at the melt/buy/sell places. The bright side is that gold values are up lately :)

As for "relics and glass bottles", I think ebay is the best way. It exposes your items to a wide variety of buyers. I've put very specific niche relicky items (rare buttons that only geeks would know about, etc...) on ebay, and been surprised sometimes that 2 or 3 lurkers from around the USA will bid against each other ferociously. It all just depends. Other times you'll get unlucky and no one, in a particular set of days, happens to be lurking ebay for a niche item. You can get a feel for the demand of various items by going to "finished auctions" on ebay, and see what items have gone for in the recent past. But I believe that function only goes back 30 days though. So if you've got something really niche-ish, you may just have to put it on there and see what happens. If you're afraid it will go for too cheap, you can always put a minimum hidden reserve or whatever on it.

Sell my findings? What an interesting idea. Why on earth would I do that?

I dont sell anything I find. The river of rare coins that flood my way go into the vault. The inestimable jewels and gold, those too huge to put a value on, either go on my wife as 'widows insurance' or into the treasure box. The more common "plain gold and gems" just kick around the house, cluttering up the ashtrays. Sometimes I give them to trick or treaters at Halloween.

About the only found items I actually dispose of for trade value are the clad coins, which I tumble, roll and cash in once a year.

Hell.... just keep it! It took a lot of time to find it in the 1st place so I'm not gonna spend more time try'in to sell the damn thing! Just my thoughts!

I've made millions of dollars selling my finds. Crap that was just a dream! I keep most of my good finds and use my clad to buy batteries.

khouse said:
"I keep most of my good finds and use my clad to buy batteries..."
Spoken like a true-blue hobbyist, Ken! :)