Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where do war time nickles hit on a 180 meter?

it varies a bit from band one to band two, I nearly always hunt in band 2 , they tend to be right at 151, but they can be seen a touch lower like 148/9 ...almost evryone I have dug was at 151, but as with anything if there is other junk in the hole then all bets are off , but 151 seems to be the number.......... good luck ....I love finding war nickles....also I seem to recal one being higher than normal at 154 but its nearly always 151.....

This is something that can vary from 143-151, but will sound like a nickle. I have seen some of the war nickles read the same as a reg nickle while some can read all the way to 151, but like I say they have the nickle tone to them. These tones are smoother sounding than a pull tab too.
Now I have seen something that was real odd as a guy sent me one that read 176 like a zinc penny would. I tried it on all my detectors and it read a a zinc penny and thought this was a odd one for sure. He got another one a day or so latter that read the same from the same site. Check on other forums and ask if anyone had seen this and find that several have seen this in some area where ground minerals will take the manganese out of it I believe it was which will cause the nickle to read in the copper area.