Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where are some good places to detect for beginners?

A lot of people start in their own yards, beaches if they are available because you don't have to dig and kids playgrounds (we call them tot lots) some are easy because they have wood chips or sand.

if you ever get permission to detect an open empty lot bring string with you and 2 sticks, I have found out that when I detect an open area it is hard to walk straight, I always ended up going diagnal, use the string and the sticks to make a straight line across that you can follow, go down one side of the string then back up the other side then move it over and do it again.

Parks (tot lots) elementary school jungle gyms, thats easy money and sometimes rings and necklaces. I went on google earth and looked around my neighborhood and found parks that I never knew existed. Check it out. I also did the same for all of the parks around my job too. Again its easy money... Oh yea, if you have a park with a sledding hill, check that thing over and over. On my 2nd hunt ever I found a mens 18kt wedding band!!!!

I've detected my yard with my Bounty Hunter Quickdraw and found $1.08 in clad.
I am hopefully going to try to detect some parks and some old homes soon!

although i love the parks they are my favorite. Good luck to you hope you find lots of goodies to share with us.