Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

When you fresh water hunt how much junk do you get?

petew

I have a brand new diggers special coming on Monday according to tracking,5x8 coil and gray ghost headset.
I'm pumped to water hunt,found a park with a freshwater be ach.I am just curious, how much junk you guys get in swimming areas?

Quite often lots of junk. We just don't show it, because it's ugly. Here's a hunt with the trash and the best keepers....

John is right, water detecting is like any other detecting. Lots of junk but some nice rewards. The thing is that in water detecting you are likely looking for gold which means you must use little discrimination, resulting in more trash dug. But ... It is a blast! Good luck.

As far as a scoop,wound a heavier scoop be better?I'm 6² so is there a longer scoop I should look at ,I just don't know.But I'd definitely like to get one,I'm gonna need it.Any recommend
The main reason I bought a new at pro was for the warrenty, cause getting dunked might leak.At least I can send it in.I'll be glad when Monday gets here,can't wait to unbox that beast.lol

Gotta have a scoop. There are vendors advertising , top of forum pages. They are very helpful. The AT Pro is good to 10' depth. Chest high is safe, always be careful Don't be shy, Garrett absolutely backs their products. One thing the Pro is waterproof, your cell phone, probably not. Waterproof pouches can be found for such items.

There are a lot of guys on here with great ideas, and one ideA someone had was to watch those O rings! Make sure they are in good shape, which a new machine should be fine, but in the future, a little dab of silicone and rub on o rings for a good seal. Of course garrett is great for fixes but a ounce of prevention will go a long way. Mine is at garrett right now due to o ring failure in guessing. If u don't have a back up like me it sux!!!!

Flanaganj25 said:
There are a lot of guys on here with great ideas, and one ideA someone had was to watch those O rings! Make sure they are in good shape, which a new machine should be fine, but in the future, a little dab of silicone and rub on o rings for a good seal. Of course garrett is great for fixes but a ounce of prevention will go a long way. Mine is at garrett right now due to o ring failure in guessing. If u don't have a back up like me it sux!!!!

Good advice but just so's there's no confusion, it's silicone grease, available in the plumbers aisle at Home depot.

Thanks,I'll get some.Just got the At pro in the mail today,a new .machine is great,but being a At pro makes it awesome.I never had a good pair of headphones with my prior machines,but I got a new pair of gray ghost ndt tonight.Can't wait!

Thanks,I love this Machine .the gray ghost sound awesome, the sounds just blend smoothly together. I'm not sure I can get any water hunting in this year, but I'll hit it hard in the dirt and sandy freshwater shore for now.