Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

When will someone design a new Analog Detector,( with needle meter),that doesn't weigh a ton??!

davef99

Analog meters ARE KING when it comes to LIGHTNING QUICK recovery speed meters,even over the newest digital microprocessors!

But it seems manufacturers have all but given up on the older **analog needle design** meters????!!!

And most of the older analog meter machines ***WEIGH A TON!!!!***

When will SOMEBODY design a new,**lightweight**,ANALOG NEEDLE METER DISPLAY MACHINE, WITH LARGE, EASY TO READ METER SEGMENTS: IRON FOIL NICKLE RING PULLTAB DIME QTR.

As an ADDED bonus, A BACK LIT DISPLAY would be GREAT for night hunting!!!

Who needs bells and whistles that are EXPENSIVE...GIVE ME ANALOG,OR GIVE ME DEPTH! Lol!!

Dave F. from Clairton,PA.

I just got done using my XLPRO for an hour and a half and it wore me out. I with you I would like to see a detector as you described!

Most likely we wont see another analog machine. The reason being is that digital machines are much, much cheaper to design and manufacture than an analog detector, and companies make more of a profit. But this being said there is always a possibility. Just my 2 cents worth. Have a good one..

you are very smart as it takes a while to see how much better analog is especially on coins
asked the same question and emailed it to whites
they claim and im not buying it completely that analog used lead and other nasty things they are banned
from making a detector with now
heres another question why cant they put a plate or even a 1c sticker over usa coin meters to show cdn coins
talk about cheap wow cdn customers are not even 3rd rate customers

can you put a meter on a modern light weight? after market meter. make your own marks on meter. mount it like the old whites? or would it drain too much battery since the new jobs use 1 nine volt?

The Fisher CZ3d has an analog type meter.

Welllll, I've been thru 8 or 10 machines in the last few years, & until they DO put a meter on a lighter unit, I will not buy another new one! Period! Although I can only swing my old analog probably half as long as a new plastic digital, at the end of the day I've got just as many goodies! In half the time!

And I consistently recover Mercs at 8-10" in sandy loam soil. Dug 2 last Sunday!

Ok...So they can't manufacture them anymore...for whatever reason. How about a new plastic case, etc. that could be factory retrofitted? There's gotta be a manufacturer with a spare guy in R & D they can assign to that project!

DR :unsure:

When I get to where I can't swing my xl pro, I will strap on a swingy thing and keep going. I like the way it locks on a dime when it turns out to be a seated or barber.

I can remember buying new , some of these detectors you guys are saying are heavy, and we couldn't believe how much lighter they were than what we already had. We thought nothing of using them 8-10 hours a day. Time marches on.

Dave,

The closest you can get to a lightweight Analog metered detector is to modify one, Weight will be the same or even less but most of the weight will be distributed underneath the arm rest...Then, Mount the meter on or above the hand grip.

Select one the lighter analogs, Be very selective with parts used for the mod remember the lighter the better.

Here's one of two recent mods I did to a couple of Compass analogs, A bit lighter but because it's balanced well weight is no longer an issue.

Good luck,
Paul (Ca)

Thanks Vlad,

Actually, I've done several Mark 1 mods throughout the years, Here's a quick pic of one.

Super balanced and swings like a Tesoro :)

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)

Next time I talk to George Payne I'll show him your work. If he ever builds the "Micro Mk" you might have a job!:detecting: