Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

When traveling to Fayetteville for Girl's Weekend, there is a small town

Sunny

called Altus, Arkansas where we always stop for lunch. We not only got to drive thru some beautiful hills, but also through some really nice vinyards, and winery's. We arrived a bit later than usual because of bad traffic, and our favorite place, Wiederkehr's Wine Cellar and Restrurant was closed, so we went to our other favorite place. It is a small Irish pub with wonderful food, and good ale! We all ordered the usual Reuben's and beer, and had a great time listening to the Irish ballads that played in the background. By the time it was over with, we had been invited bad for their Sunday Brunch, and told us they would give us free Mimosa's if we did come back. I love the whole cozy little place and thought I might try and Share it with you! Guess we'll see??? :)

[attachment 10414 DSC03670.jpg]
Us cozying up to the bar and BSing with the owner, Mr. O'Reilly. He is another BS'r and really funny to talk to!

[attachment 10415 DSC03671.jpg]
I think he wanted to go with us, because he sure had a forlorn look on his face as we paid and started to leave. Said this place had not has so much fun in a long while. Believe me, us and karaoke is really scarey, especially in the middle of the day!:)

[attachment 10416 DSC03672.jpg]
Irish Sam???? Well, at least somebody wanted us!!! :)

[attachment 10419 DSC03681.jpg]

A couple of shots of a vineyard! (Love the grape!)

[attachment 10420 DSC03680.jpg]

I am glad I could help :thumbup::thumbup:

n/t

What a cozy little pub Sunny :thumbup:, we have many pubs here in Wisconsin but the Irish pubs are my favorite, that is a cool picture of you and your friends with all that Irish green in the back ground :clap:

Ya gotta love that Irish music, I do :smoke:

When Irish eyes are smiling
http://mariah.stonemarche.org/livhis/irisheyes.htm

Royal is right though.. See if they want to come on and help back you up. :)

And that looks like my son has been there. See that sword on the wall ??? :lol:

sunny skies

m

The music that was playing did remind me of you and Alice on our way to our adventures, because some of it sounded like some of the music you two listened to. If you ever come to see me, I'll take you both there. It's a neat little place! :)

share it with all of you! Always great food, and when you have your girlfriends all together like this, it all equals good times and fun! :) And yes, Irish music is in a league of it's own, that's for sure! :)

n/t

am in this area is this particular weekend every year, and then if I get to go to some of the Razorback games I travel this way! This particular weekend usually brings about the peak season of the leaves. Here in central Arkansas, they are not nearly as spectacular! :)

I remember a great little Irish bar down in western Florida. In Fort Meyers. My daughter and I went through there on a road trip while she was in college in Miami. Great memories. We tacked a dollar bill on the wall and signed and dated it. A couple of years later my wife and I went down to see her and made the same drive with her on a search for my family in Pigeon Creek, Alabama (Greenville area). We saw the same dollar bill still there along with about 200 others all signed and dated. Very cool tradition I think. Speaking of Alabama....what have the Crimson Tide been up to lately? Used to be hot but I heard the last couple of years haven't gone well for them.

Never one to pass up on a photo-op. Here is a neat civil war era picture I'm rebuilding for my Uncle in Pigeon Creek. Not sure which distant relative it is in the picture.....

[attachment 10439 civilwarpitts2.jpg]

a good story in the making. We like to go to McGuire's in Florida. They do the dollar bill thing too. Kinda neat!

Don't know much about the Tides, I do well to keep up with the Razorbacks, but I can ask my friend Janet. She knows it all when it comes to football!

Better watch that Pigeon Creek talking. Folks will begin to think you are part hillbilly! :)

n/t

This was up in Trout Lake. When you come up next year, we will take you there.!!

Sunny skies, calm seas

M

n/t