Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

When there's snow on the ground you do other things..

This past year I cut down a nasty Hawthorn tree in my yard. My neighbor is going to take the good size stuff for his wood stove in the garage. In the mean time I thought about using some of the nice trunk pieces for something. After drying them in the house for a few months I made a couple of clocks. I got those $6 kits from Fredy Meyer and did a little router, table saw, glue and nail gun, spray can lacquer work and ended up with these. Either that or go fricken nuts......:rage:

Looks nice Bro. It looks like some good projects to keep you from going stir crazy. Bring your tools with you, I have a lot of projects around here you can do.

[quote awhitster]Looks nice Bro. It looks like some good projects to keep you from going stir crazy. Bring your tools with you, I have a lot of projects around here you can do.[/quote]

Yea mom already told me of stuff she needs done. Will we have time????

Nice clocks Rosco, did you ever think of possibly useing some of your disfiqured or less valuable coins for the number placement, Indains, wheats, barbers, buffalo's etc, or maybe some neat buttons or jewlery, might give you a use for them, anyway great way to help pass the winter and the cabin fever blues.

[quote GetRdone]Nice clocks Rosco, did you ever think of possibly useing some of your disfiqured or less valuable coins for the number placement, Indains, wheats, barbers, buffalo's etc, or maybe some neat buttons or jewlery, might give you a use for them, anyway great way to help pass the winter and the cabin fever blues.[/quote]

Not a bad idea for sure. These two clocks are the first two I ever made. Just happend to have the tree stump pieces to do them with. Like you say though, there are many possibilities for "creative" making things from our hobby. Thanks for the tip. I just might follow up on it. Like I need another clock......ehehehe...

[quote GetRdone]Look at it this way Rosco, the older you get the more time you need, HA.[/quote]

Who said I was old???:lmfao::yikes::rofl:

I make mine out of cypress wood and use the bottles of urethane that you pour on.
I like yours. I have never made a table model.

[quote John 'n' W.Va]I make mine out of cypress wood and use the bottles of urethane that you pour on.
I like yours. I have never made a table model.[/quote]

Don't have cypress arouned here but I would guess it would made a neat display for sure. The spray can of lacquer/urethane works great for sealing the wood and giving it a nice shine (dependig on the flavor you use). I had already made a wall clock so I figured the table type would be the next........

[quote Rosco Bookbinder][quote GetRdone]Look at it this way Rosco, the older you get the more time you need, HA.[/quote]

Who said I was old???:lmfao::yikes::rofl:[/quote]Mom:rofl: