Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

When Garrett Comes Out With A New Model........

I think most will agree that when the ACE 250 was born, Garrett knew they had a good/GREAT machine. They under sold it in price I'm sure they now know. Do you think they will up the anny on the new model knowing it will probably be better? Then again, what can top the 250?? Other than ground balance control?

Just a thought...........

I personally cant wait for a new Top o the Line Garrett model. Just to see what they come up with. Untill then, GTI 2500 will do.
Alan

Even though the 250 is a nice detector. If Charles would have stuck a $499.00 price on it they wouldn't be enjoying their brand new building. What they did was fill a need. Lightweight ,reasonably priced and a lot of features. I would like to see more lightweight detectors in the future. All I hope for is a 250 with ground balance. I would buy two of them!

[quote khouse]All I hope for is a 250 with ground balance. I would buy two of them![/quote]

That will be the 250gb model with a price tag of 299.99 plus tax or so.......And I figure that is what the 250 was worth to start with. Great machine. Hope they don't go over board though. I don't think Garrett does that..........

What should be expect to pay for that one? The 250 as around 250 or so.

If they kept it under 275 street price they would have to again build another building! You and I know the 250 is a great detector. But what if you could use it in almost every soil type? Not that I'm into depth but you could squeeze another inch or two out of it also? What about a double D coil option? Or a concentric coil option? Maybe both? I think they would just have to tweak some of the coils they're already making to fit the Ace. What if they made the GB where you could adjust to wet salt? But really I think the biggest problem Garrett would have if they did build the Turbo 250 is what to do with the other detectors sitting in the warehouse?
If Simon Bar Sinister could get his hands on a Turbo 250 he could finally rule the world!!!!

[quote John 'n' W.Va]I need the depth. Two more inches would help a lot, with Gb and make it weather proof.[/quote]

I don't know about the other models of Garrett but they probably have one like that don't they??

ground balance would be great. How about a volumn control too and as long as we are shooting for the moon maybe we could have a Boomer Edition. This model would have a screen in which the display is actually visible to eyes closer to 60 than fifty.

I would like to see them give you the option of TONES. I really don't care much for the Bell tone.
Would be nice if there was a little buttion to switch over to someting more akind to the MXT or something like that.
Fat chance of THAT ever happening!:cry:
RR

I think or at least hope, they learned from other companies mistakes, like fisher and whites.
I don't think they will shoot themselves in the foot, if they take their time.
What they could do, is have a new machine on the drawing board, timed to come out just as their warehouses
get to a certain level of inventory of the old model of Ace 250. I don't think they would ever let the entire inventory
run out completely. It might be that the new model doesn't take off, and besides, there will always be people out
there who don't want the extras the New Model might have. The Ace 250 will probably be around for a very long time.

RR