Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

When Did I Get This OLD(The Move to Geezerhood)

Grumpyolddiver

Ok Lets Just Be Absolutely Clear Here......... Just when was it that My lower back,hips ,knees,and hands decided that they would no longer put up with the Thrill of moist black spring time detecting.There were no signs(None that I'll admitt anyway)that I was moveing to the edge of Geezerhood, but tonight as I was takeing off my custom made belt pouch and probe holder,kneepads,soft leather gloves and bounceing up and down on one leg cause I had ta Pee like nothing I can remember(Oh Yea Remembering stuff that's a whole nother story) It dawned on me that I very closely resembled and old departed TR hunter from years ago.Who at the time to my chagrine,I thought looked for all the world like he should have stayed home on the porch and rocked the day away.(Youth Go Figure) Why I have dug quarters at 10" halves at 15" and lets not mention silver dollars because ya would'nt belive me anyway.But No More.That lovely 1972 lincoln penny at 7 " was more than I could stand(Just When did 1972 lincoln pennies become so deep) Now to my REAL point(I think I remember what it was).Oh Yea I would Like to know just how is it that I almost die from exaustion digging a coin at 7" when all I hear is how that silver quarter was 14" down.What are you guys useing,A backhoe ,a D40 or what.I could'nt dig 14" down in a yard with out a shovel.And most home owners look at ya kinda funny if ya do that.I did get a nice ,Good for 5 cents in trade toke for a Carrols Smoke shop in St Louis MO. And this Ring that really is marked 14k(boy did somebody get ripped)and about $2 in change.Hope I can walk tomorrow.Well gotta go as it's almost 10:30 time for grampa to go bed :bouncy: Grumpy

Nice ring nice story and now it time for me to sleep if i can make my body get of the chair .Why is it now i cant uncurl my hand from around my digging tool after i only dug four inches to recover a dime?:shrug: Sometime when it cold i have to use the other hand to pull the digging tool from the hand it stuck in.when did this all happen? Though when i look in the mirror i see the same person from 20 or so years ago.:shrug:

As I fast approach that seventy year mark I realize more each day that there is an absolute fact that "if you don't use it you lose it"!

Keep on keeping on Old Timer!!:thumbup:

CJ

PS Nice Ring!!!

One day recently, I snuck up on my mirror and saw the real me before it changed back to the 20 years ago me.:surprised: Mirror mirror on the wall has been lying.:sadwalk:

I've got the same depressing problem(s). Gettin' old ain't for sissies.
BB

I have gone for half a dozen hunts this spring with no problems at all. Then this morning on about my third target, my right knee felt like the joint had rusted solid. Do they still make Geritol?

The mirror in my mind sees me 20 years ago, but the one on the wall, well that is somebody else in there...Seems like it's one ache after another. I remember not that long ago being able to detect continuous for 8 hours NONSTOP. Now in just a few years 4 hours and I suffer for days. Still love the hobby but it hurts more,
Bill

Ha Ha welcome to the old geezer club we been waiting on you to get here with us . You should throw in some Lupus disease and a couple heart attacks with it then you will really ask your self what could be so good about pennies that I have to be out here suffering like this . lol But like they said use it or lose it wouldn't live near as long sitting on a porch doing nothing but rocking back and forth .

Harold

" A can in the hand, is worth two in the fridge".

Magic ingredient WD-40 And pomegranate juice plus thrown in :drinking::smoke:you'll be good as new:rofl:

I a thr said:
The mirror in my mind sees me 20 years ago, but the one on the wall, well that is somebody else in there...Seems like it's one ache after another. I remember not that long ago being able to detect continuous for 8 hours NONSTOP. Now in just a few years 4 hours and I suffer for days. Still love the hobby but it hurts more,
Bill

Describes my current condition to a T , Bill .Well said . Good luck to you and the rest of us "walking wounded " .

George

I wonder the same thing,when I was called old man with hearing aide,when I complained about loud music from punk neigbhor kids..Except I don't need a hearing aid,I hear ghetto music a mile away.i look in mirror and see loosing hair on top.,white hairs in beard,no baby face not that I ever had one.And a pot belly now ,where that came from i got no idea.snuck in along the way.And oh yeah I like after noon naps now.But I still have a MD so all is not lost yet LOL:biggrin:

Yeah, when I look into the mirror the person looking back at me is not the same as the one looking into the mirror; That bloke is a hell of a lot worse.

Yeah, when I look into the mirror the person looking back at me is not the same as the one looking into the mirror; That bloke is a hell of a lot worse.