Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wheaty Day!!!!!

wyohunter99

Hey guys!!!! Hunted a couple of hours this morning before it got hot.... Found 3 nice wheatys!!! 1918, 1946-D, 1955-D. Got my new Sun-Ray probe today cant wait to try it out!!! Might try it in the morning...

Hey Wyohunter,

Three wheat's! wheres the silver? Glad to hear you got your X-1 I have been wondering why you had not commented about it yet, your going to love it! Mine went down last week during a hunt, I am so bummed out. I have have gotten so used to hunting with it I have become spoiled without it. The good thing is I called Ralph at Sun Ray and he said ship it back and he would take care of it, even though I have exceeded my warranty by two months. Now thats great service, got to appreciate someone who stands behind their product. Well have fun with your new X-1 (I,m Jealous) I expect you to post some pictures of silver from your wheat spot.

Good Hunting! Q

Hey Q, where have you been hiding??? Yeah I tried the probe out this morning all I can say is WOW!!!!:surprised: I dont know how I ever got along without it!!! Went to my favorite park this morning found a TON of clad 2 more wheats 1942-S and 1947-D. I have been wondering why I havnt been digging any nickels so I tested one in a hole and it came up a solid 13 so then on I dug every 13 that came up and everytime it was a nickel!!!!! I dug 6 of them and 1 of them was a 194-S I would say it was down close to 10". I am so amazed how well the Safari ID's them!!!! This is one awesome detector!!!! There was one area of the park next to the tot lot where I couldnt take one step without getting a good signal and there would be more than 1 coin in the hole...Had a great day!!! Hopefully you will get your probe back soon Q....Nice hearin from you!

Hi Wyohunter,

Yea, I have been flying low lately, been real busy around here. If everything goes according to plan me and the wife will be moving out of the country for three years sometime in October. Still hazy on all the details, but preparing all the same. If it happens I will definitely have my detector along for the ride, It will be a great opportunity to treasure hunt where ever we end up.

Also, I just got (my wife let me) a new E-TRAC! So as you can imagine to make up for it I have to spend allot of "Quality Time" with the wife. I have only had the chance to take it out for a spin four times, but like you all I can say is WOW! There seems to be so much to this machine it may take me a bit to fully unlock it's potential, but just from the turn on and go perspective it has been a dream. I may have gotten out more, however without my X-1 I feel lost. Ralph told me it may be two weeks before he can send my probe back due to back order issues, I called my local supplier about a Garret Pro Pointer as a backup. Out of stock, maybe Tuesday he will receive an order, I hope so since Thursday I am flying to Washington State to visit my mom. There are a couple of spots I have been dreaming of hunting in my home town.

Awesome to hear you are enjoying your X-1, sounds like you took right to it.(now you are hooked like me)

I have also wondered about low nickle counts, the nickle targets seem to be one of those finds where I seem to be on or off. My nickle counts have never been that high, but I have noticed the ID numbers seem to wander around by one or two. Usually nickles for me read a solid 14 ID, when I start to find myself lagging on the count I will dig a few 13s or 15s to see if I have had a shift. This does the trick, however I can not explain why, ground conditions, noise cancel, condition of coin? Perhaps there are some other thoughts out there in the forum.

Well, the wife is calling got to go, I think she wants a foot massage! (Oh Boy I can hardly wait!)

Good Hunting! Q