Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

whatzit called in your neck of the woods???

waynard

Ok, so some of you that have been in the hobby for some time must have come up with other descriptive language for going out metal detecting as 'metal detecting', 'md'ing, 'scrubbing or 'sweeping.
'Honey, I'm going out metal detecting now, don't hold dinner'.... doesn't really roll off the tongue does it? And, if you were to say that you were going out 'scrubbing or 'sweeping, I'm pretty sure that you may be told that you might as well stay at home and put those actions to work in the house.
So, I'm wondering, how is the act of 'metal detecting' phrased where you are?
I'll check back later... I have some 'sweeping' to do...

It is pretty much called "hunting," for me. (I no longer gun hunt) Having a routine of hunting almost daily for a few hours, family and friends know what my "hunting" is. HH jim tn

I have no doubt that water hunting has allowed me to dig up more gold and silver over the years than most of the 49ers and Klondikers ever got for their efforts!

I tell my wife I'm going to the "Gold Mine"!

CJ

Nancy and I go beeping.

I like coin farming, I harvest them out of the ground much like carrots, or potatoes. If I say I'm going huntin, people might think I kill animals. I let others do the sowing, I do the harvesting. And I only harvest those that are ripe.

I usually tell my wife that "I'm going to go play for awhile." Face it, if it's not work it must be play!

Well my Nancy doesn't think much of me going out hunting for chad pennies, so I tell here I'm going to look for some rings or gold. So far I haven't done too well on either! :sadwalk:

I tell my wife I'm going "swinging" or "dirt fishing" I am defintely infected with a severe case of 'ADDS' (addicted to dirt digging)

i just say im going scooping..enough said:minelab::clapping::detecting::thumbup:

n/t

calling it "scratchin" in 69, cause it just fits better than anything else I can think of.Short and sweet and gets the job done. It's sorta like a poem the way it sounds when I say,"Gone Scratchin, Hon, be back, when I get back"!

My phrase I use most of the time park hunting or coin hunting.Again treasure hunter sounds like you are a twelve year old nerd.

:rofl: Now where did I put my Pocket protector and mechanical pencils LOL Hahahahhahaha

Gotta keep records of all my finds "YOU KNOW"..LOL