Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whats your Turf of choice?

SK8CRIMINAL

i'm relatively new to metal detecting, i work down by the beach, therefore, thats what i frequent. Aside from that, never really tested different terrain, i.e. grass,backyards,forest etc. i guess my question is: are they just as plentiful in finding treasures (as is the beach?)

It depends on the detector you have in your possession. Is it a water detector? If so, stick to the beach. That is where is will perform to its greatest of potential. I like the wet and the dry. Granted there are more goodies in the water than up on the beach.

Good luck! HH!

Jesse

just came back from the park down the street, hunted the grass where all the kids hang out. got several detections & got tired of digging in the grass. not so exciting. will definitely stick to the beach! my detector doesn't go in the wet, my hunting buddie has 3 that'll work the wet. i just borrow his. thanks for the 411.

sand, wet and dry... maybe because i live Maui.. good luck!!:thumbup:

Here in Oz, for me personally, water.

Why?

Cause its more fun!

Last weekend, total approx. 10 hours detecting. 2 hours water, result apart from junk?
One $2 coin and one elephant pendant, unstamped, might be silver, high tone on the excal.
Compared to $88 in coins on land.

Which do I prefer?

Land pays for the petrol used plus some.
Waters where the funs at.
In my opinion only!

Cheers Lou.

The beach definitely has more gold drops. I spend most of my time out in the woods and in parks, and just a little time at the beach. I have found 2 gold rings and a 22" 925 necklace though... But you could potentially find that 1 day at a beach, then do it again week after week. Parks and woods have older stuff the deeper you dig. Look below, 99% of my stuff wasn't found at a beach. But I am gearing up to hit the beaches more frequently. I want more shiny treasure!!!