Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WHATS YOUR BEST TIPS TO SHARE?

Herm

Finally got an MXT 300. So I'm reading the manual and waiting for MXT Edge to show up, just thought I'd see what everybodies favorite tips might be. Gonna go at it here in a few minutes. Herm

I don't know if this works for everyone, but....
Nickels VDI for me between 16 to 20, If I get any bumpup to 24 or 26 it's a pull tab.
Quarters Vdi in the low 80's, If I get this I back the coil slowly and if it hit with any - VDIs it a bottle cap.
These work for me, although I still dig a bunch of TABs and CAPs...

HH

Location, location, location.............and the longer you keep your coil to the ground, the more you will find........:thumbup:

Practice practice practice. Also read the past posts on here. There's a LOT of good information and tips from the best! HH and good luck, Nancy

In the beginning dig all solid sounding signals until you learn the detector. You need to tell good from bad. Many good coins I find now I wouldn't have dug in the beginning. Nothing will make up for practice and location. Rob

Also another tip, use the search feature on this forum. I've got to believe every question has been asked and answered at least once. Rob

Often, to get the most accurate ID, if after you've pinpointed and centered the coil over the target, just twitch it a small amount and often the ID will lock on more solidly. This works especially well with the 4X6 shooter and the 6X10 DD.

When hunting tot lots with the 4X6 you can get quite close to the metal equipment posts if you turn down the sensitivity and will still pick up coins. Also, it's useful in the same areas to switch to relic mode and listen for the sweet sound versus the iron grunt, then switch to C&J to identify the target.

As mentioned above, I find nearly all the nickels I recover to read 20 or below.
HH
BB

Don't get in a hurry!!! Take your time and hunt slowly then listen for those little small signals that you may have missed if you were going to fast.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?25,467544,467544#msg-467544

I did it this way so it won't get zapped. lots of Good info from this feller!!

Keep your coil as low to the ground as possible.Don't ever be in a hurry (you can always come back) search the area from more than one direction.

you will need to apply the same steps toward learning and mastering the MXT. If you didn't fully learn and master the last detector/detectors you had, then do things differently with the MXT. Stick with it!

There are some basic 'tips' regardless of the make or model, but here are some "general" suggestions as well as MXT-specific tips:

LOCATION is of absolute importance. You can't find stuff in a site where it isn't.

PRACTICE learning each control, each search coil, and proper set-up as well as search coil sweep technique, pinpointing, and interpretation of the audio and visual display responses.

PATIENCE is required to put in ample time learning and mastering each control function, as well as coil presentation (to include sweep speed, coil/ground position, overlapping, etc.).

VARIETY of sites will help learn how the detector handles/performs with different sets of conditions, such as to-lot sand or wood chip Vs park lawns Vs plowed dirt. Other variables such as pull tab and bottle cap littered picnic sites Vs iron nail infested sites Vs demolition sites with large and small junk of every metal type imaginable, etc.

FREQUENCY of search, not operating frequency. try to get out as often as possible. If you only go detecting for an hour once a week you'll struggle to really learn your detector well. Get out as often as possible. Daily would be great, but certainly 2-5 times a week would greatly increase your mastery potential.

SEARCH COIL SELECTION is very important because one single coil is NOT the best approach for all sites. If anything, a good concentric coil of about 6