Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

whats the truth about the minelab backorder problem?

se stan

trying to get a hold of an excaliber and everything is standing still...
nobody knows arival dates....
the repairs and customer service is lousey from what i hear,, very slow
i personally never had any problems with my minelab machines
i cant figure out why a company that makes such good detectors is so mixed up...:rant:

n/t

This may be the answer.

Minelab is moving from Ireland to Malaysia. The reason? Ireland is bankrupt and the economy there is going down the tubes. So Minelab, which is an Australian company, decided to move all production to Malaysia which is closer to Australia.

So production has stopped till the production equipment can be moved and set up in Malaysia.

If that is the reason, which is the only one that makes any sense, then you can thank the bankers and globalists for that.

Besides, it won't be too long that the US will have the same problem as Ireland, Greece, Iceland, Spain and a few others.

Also, do not be surprised if some of the metal detector manufacturers go out of business. The economy of the world is weaker than we are being told.

I've run into the very same problem with companies I deal with in my business. I can't get answers and can't get products.

Steve from Ohio said:
...this is what i was told last week also..iv got an Excal ll on back order also.i was told that it will come from Australia ...i get no response by email from the Vegas section,but did get 2 emails from Aussi
This may be the answer.

Minelab is moving from Ireland to Malaysia. The reason? Ireland is bankrupt and the economy there is going down the tubes. So Minelab, which is an Australian company, decided to move all production to Malaysia which is closer to Australia.

So production has stopped till the production equipment can be moved and set up in Malaysia.

If that is the reason, which is the only one that makes any sense, then you can thank the bankers and globalists for that.

Besides, it won't be too long that the US will have the same problem as Ireland, Greece, Iceland, Spain and a few others.

Also, do not be surprised if some of the metal detector manufacturers go out of business. The economy of the world is weaker than we are being told.

I've run into the very same problem with companies I deal with in my business. I can't get answers and can't get products.

Witholding supplies prices goes up(supply and demand) only thing is they forget to pull them down again, just look whats happening to the T2 lately, another gpx4500 afair

Very true about the mess we're in. I'm pretty conservative but always differed on what "free trade" should be. Right now it means we get the shaft. Was shocked when even the dems seemed to roll over on that one with the signing of Nafta. A working model of capitalism only functions properly when the supply and demand of labor is self contained and constant. So long as cheaper labor can be found elsewhere the proper supply/demand to set the price for labor no longer causes it to reach it's highest value for workers. Same reason why I'm against illegal imigration....economics. Add into this how much more companies get taxed and regulated by the EPA in America and you've got your answer why everybody is leaving developed countries.

Now I hear many of the jobs that went to Mexico are leaving there and heading for China. Imagine how much cheaper that must be if it's worth leaving Mexico.

I was expecting a Minelab GP handle assembly in last week that was ordered.After reading your post I made a call to the dealer and it was confirmed that the part has been on back order with five other people since December.Maybe too early to tell but could we see a run on Minelab equipment? HH Ron

The transition to Malaysia is not going as expected. Production is going on but mostly for the GPX 4500, I was told the 4500 was 13,000 machines on back order and growing everyday. The 4500 is the highest in demand because it will hit the gold and is the cheaper of the deep seekers. However, the black market is getting $13,000 to $16,000 for those machines and they are being sold and sent to the Sudan region. They are literally picking up pounds of Gold in the Sudan basically on top of the ground. I was told this from 2 different reputable dealers on opposite ends of the country. I also was told Minelab only has some E-Tracs and a few Xterra's in stock. I know several dealers that have had Excalibur's on back order since before Christmas and GPX 4500's since August 09. KellyCo even told be they did not know when they would be getting any Excalibur's. I also heard that China has made a reproduction clone of the 4500 and the rush on the minelab will come to a screeching halt when this cheap clone hits the market.

I am sure some of this is very true and some extorted from the infamous rumor mill, but one thing is for sure I want an Excalibur and it looks like I may be waiting awhile.

yea ive been hearing about this crazy goldrush myself and it looks where there is gold and greed we are not gonna be holding excalibers anytime soon.
i guess its like a car assembly line where they are kicking out 4500's and nothing else....
the profit and demand on an excaliber is far less, so i guess the wait will be long,,,,
figures the time im ready for the surf and ready for an excaliber this gotta happen,,

im still going out to look for my kind of gold at the jersey shore with my explorer...
she may be heavy but im gonna suffer.....

............ stan

thru a tip from one of the guys on the forum I found a dealer that had one left, an Excal II with 10" coil, brand new with warranty for $1000 shipped, this even included the Minelab $100 gift certificate, I very happy with such a great deal. He did say that he did not know when he would get anymore, they are/have been on back order for a while. HH

I'm ready for those cheap Chinese detectors to hit the market. After all, China or Malaysia, What's the difference?

a new smaller / lighter improved excal III

new smaller / lighter improved GT

new smaller / lighter / WATERPROOF - E T R A C II

maybe soon.....................that is what i hope the backlog is for.

dreaming is one of my favorite things in life............:)

this is very interesting post here, i didnt know this was happening, im glad ive got an excalibur 2 and its working just fine so far....:clapping::detecting:
good luck to all
itll be interesting to see what does happen..
hh
john

You should see what China did to the brushless motor market here in the US for RC planes. An $80 to $120 motor can be had for like $12 to $30, depending on particular model. Some are great but some they even cloned the flaws of. Reminds me of an old story I heard about WWII. One of our planes went down and they cloned the engine down to the header leak it had. Now that's cloning!

I am in the market for a good beach detector to use in Florida, I had made up my mind to get an excal over a whites until I read this. WHITES it is. and there made in the U.S.A.
Thanks Russ.

Stan , I just ordered my Excalibur last night. It took me a while to find one too, but all you have to do is go to Minelab's website and search for dealers, and Not just in your area. I called 14 different dealers from around the country until I finally found one. I'm sure there are more out there. Or what you can do is get on a waiting list with a supplier because the general consensus out there right now is that Australia will be shipping out some Excaliburs' within the next few weeks. I imagine they will all go fast though! Hope this helps......Aaron