Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whats all this white stuff coming down here Royal? Keep it up your way.

George-CT

Ground is white already. Pretty being the first one....Big snow flakes, and fast coverage on the grass. My daughter is flying here on the 5th of December for a week and bringing a friend from SC who has never been north or seen snow. Should be interesting and fun.
Heck I'm putting up the Christmas tree next week so it will give her the full effect.

Geo

n/t

n/t

have six trees up. Since you are not used to me and my Christmas trees, I put up lots of them usually around thirteen. This year though, it's six and will stay that way. I just didn't feel like doing it by myself, so I told the girls if they wanted them, to come help. Well.........they did, and now we are all satisfied. :)

Your daughter's friend will be mesmerized by snow for the first time, PLUS a Christmas tree! :thumbup: Good for you!!! Hope it snows a bunch for her so you can show her how fun it is! :)

Very nice indeed. We had 2 tree's a few times as we weaned ourselves off of real tree's. Now its just the one. I like the lights in the house etc. My daughter has not been home for awhile being stationed in Charleston, SC in the Air Force. With her here from the dec 5 to the 12, we will have a second turkey day, and Christmas Day, my birthday and my wife and I anniversary. We have one of her horses here also along with ours so they can ride also. My daughter has been playing with this girls head for a month now. She has never been out of the flat land or low country of Charleston, SC so this will be real different. She has never been in a plane either. so her boarding the plane in warm weather, and coming here will be real different for her. We are in the what the call the Quiet corner of Connecticut, mostly old farms and the old small villages. Nice here. Down on the shoreline is nice but very crowded.

I like the snow but by mid January I've lost my attachment to it. We have 1/2 mile dirt driveway I need to keep plowed. Worst yet, we are on the north side of the hill here so it don't melt to fast. So after a big buildup of snow, if we get a rain storm it all turns to solid ice.
If I plow the driveway while its slush, I'm good, if I don't, I'm in trouble.... Not unusual here to have it on the ground for 8 weeks, yet donw off the mountain here it will be grass. Hard on the horses. We pull their shoes or keep them in the indoor when its ice....

George-CT