Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

whats a good set up for sovereign gt on the beachs.

thadious

Hello all I have been using my sovereign gt with sens on ault and notch and discrimination all the way down with top switches set to disc and pinpoint. I am wondering if this is a good set up or if anyone is having good success with different settings. I have only found a few things in the wet sand in ankle deep or less water one of them being a silve ring and the others being a few dimes and quarters. I have found two silver religous pendants and about 5 dollars in change in the dry sand with these settings. I have had the gt since late april 2008 and have hunted the beaches about 4 times. three of those hunts were at san diego beaches and today i hunted perfido key in florida for two hours and found only a dime and three sinkers. I know I need more time on the machine and definetly some good advice. Does anyone know of a good book on the sovereign,. Thanks for reading and hope everyone has a great 4th of july. HH Ted

Southern California beach's with all that Black sand will turn VLF detectors into Coo-co clocks.

The Beach hunters on the East coast Beach's have far less Black sand issues so they have very good luck with (wet sand hunting ) with there VLF detectors.

I ran a Solereign GT (very nice detector) on Huntington beach and seal beach ca, on the dry sand it ran good and stable, I always had to keep the sens way down (not auto) to keep it stable, almost to the lowest setting, I still got good depth.

once i took the GT down to the (Wet sand) it would false to much (could not handle bad black sand conditions) especially Balsa state beach & Huntington beach, seal beach was not so bad.

Bottom line if your serious about Southern California Beach hunting (wet sand) with it's Endless Black sand, Ive tried all manufactures and all makes of detectors and have been southern California beach hunting for 21 years. the DFX with the Bigfoot coil for (dry sand hunting) and any PI detector for the (wet sand & surf hunting) ARE TOP DOGS for the southern California Beach's

You might want to try setting the discrimination UP a little rather than running at the minimum. Try using more than minimum sensitivity or possibly AUTO and then bump the Disc up just to the point where it cancels the affects of the salt water, shooting for the smoothest threshold possible. It might help make it run a little more stable. You might have to put up with a little falsing but good signals will be repeatable. :detecting:

HH, Bottlebum