Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What would you recommend?

Digitalmoto

I know I'm in a Minelab forum and I'm leaning towards the 70, but want your opinion on which is the better detector? I want to choose based on---- Coins/Relic only! I won't be beach or nugget hunting, just coins and relics.

I have an old Toltec100 and want to stay with the brand. But if it's not as good, I'll switch.

What's the best for my situation in TN?
1--- X-Terra 70
2--- Tesoro Cortes

I'm a Tesoro lover, owning three, but don't think their ID machines compare favorably to the Xterras. The Cortes and Deleon are not based on their HOT technology, and thereby will not get the depth of the Xterra 70. The Cortes does not have the features of the Xterra, such as ground tracking, prospecting mode, beach mode, large ID screen to name a few. And in the disc mode, the Cortes runs with a preset ground balance. The Cortes has been around since 2002, and I believe Tesoro's next step will be to develop a new ID machine, based on the HOT technology. As far as existing VLF technology goes, I don't think they can improve on their Tejon, Vaquero, Cibola lineup, which is hard to beat, but they are not ID machines.

Well I've done a mth of research on all machines asking questions in 5 metal detecting forums and it looks like the 70 has it hands down. Every forum I go to says the same thing: The 70 is the best all around detector in it's price range :)

this is the X-Terra forum. But that don't mean some of us haven't tried everything out there! I've had a couple Cortes, and they are good discriminators. But mine didn't hunt as deep as the X-Terras. Some of the other reasons I like the X-70 better for coinshooting are: GB in discrimination mode; LARGER display; selectable audio tones; wide variety of coils capable of operating at 3 different frequencies; operates longer on 4 AA batteries than the Cortes does on 8 AA batteries; two digit notches (instead of that narrow/wide stuff). JMHO HH Randy

Randy knows the 70 better than anybody and I agree with everything he says....except the Cortes uses 8 AA.:blink:

It is 8 AA on the Cortes. I knew what I wanted to type. Just forgot to tell my fingers! HH Randy

Darn it randy! I picked up a 10 K dmnd ring my 1st and 4 more wheaties and a Dolores pewter pendent 1776??? today and yesterday and I can't post the pics all this help an I can't show em off!!! Grant Now I'm digging everything can anyone Identify this pendent I believe it's pewter says "Mission Dolores 1976" " then go your way" cant read the rest? the ding is 10K white an yllw gold 1 Small center dmnd 4 smaller dmnds! I'll take it. 1942 D and a 38 D a 42 S and an unreadable date! wheatie. Can any help with this pendent would be great I think its pewter or lead? I can't for the life of me fit the coins in the pic Could someone help me figure out Hope to send a pic? I take it and it's 500-900KB'S on my comp. and I don't know how to resize it well heres what I got so far as pics. could'nt fit the coins LOL! I don't want to send it out without pics! Grant

Darn it randy! I picked up a 10 K dmnd ring my 1st and 4 more wheaties and a Dolores pewter pendent 1776??? today and yesterday and I can't post the pics all this help an I can't show em off!!! Grant Now I'm digging everything can anyone Identify this pendent I believe it's pewter says "Mission Dolores 1976" " then go your way" cant read the rest? the ding is 10K white an yllw gold 1 Small center dmnd 4 smaller dmnds! I'll take it. 1942 D and a 38 D a 42 S and an unreadable date! wheatie. Can any help with this pendent would be great I think its pewter or lead? I can't for the life of me fit the coins in the pic Could someone help me figure out Hope to send a pic? I take it and it's 500-900KB'S on my comp. and I don't know how to resize it well heres what I got so far as pics. could'nt fit the coins LOL! I don't want to send it out without pics! Grant now my messagfew to you is on the topic titled " what would you recomend" no wonder I can't learn the X-Terra70 LOL

Edit Reply Quote Report

called GIMP. (GNU Image Manipulation Program) I have been using it for several months and am constantly amazed at how much editting you can do to photos. It is a bit complicated to use. But there are utube videos showing many of the functions. I have been overlaying some maps with excellent results! Do a google search for gimp and it will tell you how to download it. HH Randy

[quote Grant]Darn it randy! I picked up a 10 K dmnd ring my 1st and 4 more wheaties and a Dolores pewter pendent 1776??? today and yesterday and I can't post the pics all this help an I can't show em off!!! Grant Now I'm digging everything can anyone Identify this pendent I believe it's pewter says "Mission Dolores 1976" " then go your way" cant read the rest? the ding is 10K white an yllw gold 1 Small center dmnd 4 smaller dmnds! I'll take it. 1942 D and a 38 D a 42 S and an unreadable date! wheatie. Can any help with this pendent would be great I think its pewter or lead? I can't for the life of me fit the coins in the pic Could someone help me figure out Hope to send a pic? I take it and it's 500-900KB'S on my comp. and I don't know how to resize it well heres what I got so far as pics. could'nt fit the coins LOL! I don't want to send it out without pics! Grant[/quote]

You need to break those sentences up with some periods and commas once in awhile, it = a tough read :pulltab:
Nice finds btw. What were you using for a detector/coil?