Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What We Know So Far

vision-and-phones.jpg

All New Spectra Vision Color LCD Screen; A WEALTH of Information
All New Visual Signagraph Three Frequency Levels; 2.5 kHz, 7.5 kHz and 22.5 kHz Enhanced Response to Gold and Silver.
All New Wide View High Resolution Color Fully Adjustable Screen
All New Visual Analyze Mode (Size, Shape)
All New Micro-Processor Interface
All New Wireless Headphone Interface-Channels
All New NiMH Battery Cradle/Re-Charging System
All New Ground Probe to Optimize Performance (Signal to Noise)
All New Expert Menus, Puts YOU in Total Control to further customize and tweak to optimize under various hunting conditions.
All New Audio/Visual Circuits Enhances Target Depth and Discrimination Selectivity
All New Live Controls Allow Direct Access/Adjustment along Vision Screen
Fully Adjustable Spectra Vision Target Detection Screen
Selectable Single Frequency
BEST Data Three Frequencies
Enhanced Signal
Dial In Precise AC and Preamp using Ground Probe Feature
Illuminated Touch Pad
10.25 D2 Coil Standard
SL Chassis Comfort Grip With Excellent Weight and Balance
Easy To Use Turn on and Go Programs with Enhanced Performance
Advanced Ground Auto-Tracking (Adjustable)
Pin Point and Motion Coin Depth
Full Range Sensitivity & Pre-Amp Controls
Full Range Visual and Audio Discrimination -95 to +95
Large Target Number and Icons (Full Color)
Direct Access

Thanks for the info. I knew they would be working on a dongle and software package to connect to your computer. I have the E-Trac and have never used this feature yet though, so maybe they did their homework and figured out that it would be better to have it working detector to detector first.

The information on frequencies is really interesting and I'm very excited to check out the Vision in my coin garden. Also, the geek in me is drooling over that Visual Analyze mode.

Just got the sticky problem fixed last night........done.

Just between you and me AND the million? other people that read this forum,is this the machine thats replacing the DFX ??????? Inquiring minds and nebby people would like to know. Bob:shrug:

Hi,

Is the DFX still the top-of-the-line White's? No, so in that regard the Vision does take it's place. But is production going to stop on the DFX. I don't see why it would. Folowing are MSRP:

DFX 950 $1099.95
DFX 300 $1199.95
Vision $1499.95 (No Headphones)
Vision $1699.95 (with Headphones)

The DFX occupies a price point distinctly different than the Vision so it would make no sense from a marketing standpoint to discontinue it. Truly, speculation on my part but I'm just not seeing it. Pretty much a repeat of what happened with the XLT. The DFX came out at a higher price point and the XLT continued as it has it's fans.

Steve Herschbach

I have not heard of any rumors or facts of discontinuing the DFX.

I sent Carl-NC a PM Max. I think he had one on the beaches of Oregon.

As I posted somewhere, I've run it on a couple of beaches in Oregon, but targets are really few. Works really well, the DD coil is a little sensitive to bumping in salt as most DD coils are, the 950 coil is rock solid though.

Hope they kept the signagraph where it shows all the bars, In my opnion that's the best thing for weeding jewelry out of the pulltabs! Looks very cool.

in the "Visual Analze" mode and this feature hasn't seemed to caught the attention of those posting below. That would seem, if it's accurate, to eliminate or nitro many targets. As suggested below, a comparison of manufacturers in the same test garden would be helpful. It seems that the Vision applies to the average coin hunter mostly but will be useful, 'shape", to the relic hunter. How will it perform in highly mineralized soil as well as depth will determine a lot for the relic and nugget hunters. Sounds promising.