Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What version are you guys running?

88junior

I am currently running 2.0 and was wondering if the previous versions were any better than 2.0. I was thinking about trying .71 . Tell me what your thoughts are between the two. Thanks

I am on 2.0 and have been since it came out. I think my detector had .71 when I got it, but I updated shortly thereafter. I understand 2.0 is better for small gold with the goldfield program, and stability may also have improved among other things.

I just switched over to 1.1 a couple months ago, had been using .71 the two years prior. Quick google search will point out the difference between all 3 versions. Doubt I will do 2.0, my understanding geared towards the Xtreme Hunter and some tweaks for gold hunting, I do neither. Still a “let’s see” process going on with the limited time with 1.1.

O.71 has been working well for me and don't see the need for the 2.0. I may update to the 1.1 on my WS6 puck setup and compare with the full remote setup. I made another Deus 2 with another rod and spare coil/headphones. Good luck hunting.

I upgraded to 2.0 when it came out. I like it better than the 1, or 1.1. I don’t detect as much as I use to for whatever reasons. So the upgrade gave me a New Machine feel to try out. Now the fall is close I’ll get out again more often.
Tony NJ

The vast majority of my success has come with v.71. That’s ME where I hunt and what I hunt for. I’ve been on v1.1 for about a year but haven’t hunted much this summer because of extreme heat and humidity here in Wisconsin. I do like v1.1 for the things you CAN do with specific adjustments, but I don’t believe that they are game changing adjustments, they’re just there in case you feel the need to do some fine tuning. Others have said v.71 is the best yet for general hunting,”best yet” meaning that’s the version they’ve seen the best and most reliable results with. The other versions have also produced results for people, so it’s hard to nail down which is an all around dominant version. Lots of people didn’t care for v1.0 though…

I just switched over to 1.1 a couple months ago, had been using .71 the two years prior. Quick google search will point out the difference between all 3 versions. Doubt I will do 2.0, my understanding geared towards the Xtreme Hunter and some tweaks for gold hunting, I do neither. Still a “let’s see” process going on with the limited time with 1.1.
same here I've only done one update since new been fine I like the big numbers
Mark

I use 1.1 since that's what was out when I got my D2. I do use features that were released with that version, such as audio filter 2, being able to hear iron with full tones while using disc is a big one, and I like the way offset expands/raises the audio; especially in the high conductor range.

I did see tnsharpshooter showed that 2.0 allows big numbers while in GB mode(all metal). I don't get that on 1.1, but I would also use that feature. And even though it's not a performance change, it was an undocumented change?

I use V1.1. IMO, it's the best. I recently bought my wife a new Deus II. It had V2.0 on it and it was terrible so I changed it to V1.1. Smooth as can be now.

Still on original V .71
I don’t see a reason to upgrade at this point but should look up what updating would offer. Is there a new settings feature that is compelling and worth the trouble of updating? Can you use a Chromebook to do the update? It’s the only computer I own.

V.71 and 1.1 on 2 pucs I see no reason to upgrade any more.
Also iMe now back on my D1 with oval coil and brings me amazing results

Hmmmm, I'm still running .6 (the good version of .6, as I think - from what I had read before... long time back, that there were 2 versions of .6... one was better than the other, I am running supposedly the better one of .6)... so far seems to suit me fine.... mostly park hunter looking for the gold jewelry, Lol). Anyways, yup, have not updated since... any good reasons to? I do have the large numbers being displayed... so that was also in .6 from what I can tell - I got my version seen during startup.

Happy Hunting Folks!

Ron F.
---------

Hmmmm, I'm still running .6 (the good version of .6, as I think - from what I had read before... long time back, that there were 2 versions of .6... one was better than the other, I am running supposedly the better one of .6)... so far seems to suit me fine.... mostly park hunter looking for the gold jewelry, Lol). Anyways, yup, have not updated since... any good reasons to? I do have the large numbers being displayed... so that was also in .6 from what I can tell - I got my version seen during startup.

Happy Hunting Folks!

Ron F.
---------
Hello brother, I noticed that you listed .6 had two versions? What exactly is diff. Between them,, are getting LG. #'s with .6 ?? Mine came w/ .6 & cannot get LG. #s just wondering.. has eye surgery on both* can't see em' well w/ SM. #s... Thanks..

Hello brother, I noticed that you listed .6 had two versions? What exactly is diff. Between them,, are getting LG. #'s with .6 ?? Mine came w/ .6 & cannot get LG. #s just wondering.. has eye surgery on both* can't see em' well w/ SM. #s... Thanks..

Howdy, interesting... so, when I turn my unit on, I see : V0.6

Then, if I go to Settings/...Info: I see ------> V: 0.6 (and this for a date: 11-03-2022 Now, not sure if that means NOVEMBER 3, or being from Europe I "think" it mean 3/11/2022 --- So, March 3 2022 as the version date ( "think")

Anyways, also, I can go Under PROFILE and I see 3 choices, X/Y, Horseshoe and the Larger Number symbol/Display (which is how I run it).... so I definitely have the larger numbers.

Now, my understanding is (and I'm sure there are folks here that know a lot more than I do about this.... so please take with a grain of salt) ... but I recall, there may have been at least 2 versions of the 0.6, and I think mine was the one some said may be the better of the 2... cannot say 100%... been a while lol. Again, I'm sure someone or more may know this better than I. I jus know, that the version I am running "I" am happy with.... and it has the ability to turn on or off Large Numbers.

Hope this helps.

Ron F.
---------

NOTE: I will send you a note of a link (there may be many, or at least other links as well, that may discuss some variation of this... but I will send at least one to you that I have read some of.... I will send it because I am not sure if it is ok to include another link in a reply).... so please check your messages. This link gives some more info about the Version 0.6 - Lol, was confusing to me. But I just know I like the version I am using.... your mileage may differ. Lol

Last edited:
Howdy, interesting... so, when I turn my unit on, I see : V0.6

Then, if I go to Settings/...Info: I see ------> V: 0.6 (and this for a date: 11-03-2022 Now, not sure if that means NOVEMBER 3, or being from Europe I "think" it mean 3/11/2022 --- So, March 3 2022 as the version date ( "think")

Anyways, also, I can go Under PROFILE and I see 3 choices, X/Y, Horseshoe and the Larger Number symbol/Display (which is how I run it).... so I definitely have the larger numbers.

Now, my understanding is (and I'm sure there are folks here that know a lot more than I do about this.... so please take with a grain of salt) ... but I recall, there may have been at least 2 versions of the 0.6, and I think mine was the one some said may be the better of the 2... cannot say 100%... been a while lol. Again, I'm sure someone or more may know this better than I. I jus know, that the version I am running "I" am happy with.... and it has the ability to turn on or off Large Numbers.

Hope this helps.

Ron F.
---------

NOTE: I will send you a note of a link (there may be many, or at least other links as well, that may discuss some variation of this... but I will send at least one to you that I have read some of.... I will send it because I am not sure if it is ok to include another link in a reply).... so please check your messages. This link gives some more info about the Version 0.6 - Lol, was confusing to me. But I just know I like the version I am using.... your mileage may differ. Lol
P.S. Did a little more checking around.... seem that V0.6 was available with two dates..... one was 3/8/2022 and the other was 3/11/2022 (thats the one I use). Anyways, just sharing some additional version info for folks running this one. Not trying to change purpose of the thread. Apologies in advance, but thought this may be helpful to someone. Lol Happy Hunting Folks!