Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What type of civil war bullet is this? NEVER SHOT !

Antique lover

I fould this in a old box of junk from a local yard sale. It looks like it was NEVER shot. Someone cut it to get the powder out. Any info would be great.

I've never dug civil war relics but I've seen enough photos of some great finds to say I'm pretty sure that's a three-ringer. ( the slug that is )
HH
Scott

Bullet may still have perchlorate in rim area, careful!!

it was struck by another bullet. Probably used as a target.
No way to judge it's caliber without more info from you but my guess is an old .22 long.
Either way, definately not Civil war era.

a 3 ringer would not be a cartridged bullet.

My bad, guess that is.
HH
Scott

Sometimes when a round jams in a gun it dents in the side. My guess is it was jammed in the action and pried out. When pried out the case was split.

I have had .22 cal semi's that would do that when the action got dirty. The denting looks very similar.

Hard to tell the bullet size from the pic. If I had to guess I'd say .22 short. The case looks too short in comparison to the bullet to be a long rifle. (if it's a .22 that is)

That's my 2 cent stab at pinning the tail on the donkey.

If someone wanted to get the powder out it would be easier and less risky to just wiggle the bullet out with pliers. It can be done to a .22 with bare hands. (opened up a few when I was a kid)

On second guess it looks too long for a short, but not long enough for a long rifle. looks more like just a .22 long as Jim West PA guessed earlier.