Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What to do

ochog

I am thinking of getting a new detector. Not that I need one just because I have that urge. I am sure there a few of you that know what I mean. I have been playing on and off for the last 12-15 years and have only used the green machine. I presently play with a GTA400. After reading a few of the posts here it seems like allot of the tesoro users started on some other brand then made the switch. I consider myself a coin shooter. Schools, parks, parking lots. So for you folks that have used some of the other brands how does the Garrett Ace250 compare to the Tosoro silver umax? Inquiring minds really want to know. I wish the magazines available would do shootouts between machines in the same range like car and bike mags do it would make things allot easier to compare. So does anyone have any negatives on the silver? Have read a few on the garrett but sure would like to get the real Tesoro users side of the story. Thanks in advance. Tony in the frozen finger lakes region of upstate NY. :detecting:

Hi I also live in upstate New York, just outside the Ogdensburg area. I can honestly say that the Silver uMax will blow the Ace 250 out of the water. I have had and used both, the Ace is a good machine but the Silver is a great machine. I just got a Vaquero today and if it doesn't work out I will get another Silver uMax without even blinking an eye, the Silver is that good. The only negative thing about the Silver uMax is that you will get tired from digging so many "goodies" with it. Now if it would just warm up. Steve.

I have both you mentioned (and more) and IMO I'll take the Silver any day.
I like it's audio qualities much better than a generated digital bell tone door chime.

The Silver is wonderful.

If you get a 250, you will like it.

If you get the Silver first, the 250 will frustrate you a little and you will end up using the Silver.

HH,

Hello Oc,

I used my Little Yeller Feller today.
Found a bunch of stuff at school and a volleyball court.
...and the volleyball court showed the telltale footprints that some MD had been there before me!
(I discovered that he missed some!)

I've just decided to trade it off, while it's still new and pretty looking.

It has a nice digital screen for ID, in addition to the tones, but I may not be like the others you mentioned...
I started out with Tesoro (still got it) and I like their tone quality better than the Ace 250.

Hope that helps you make a decision.
rmptr

I had one of the mid to higher range green machines once. Other than the visual display, it didn't offer any thing that my Tesoros didn't. In fact it didn't handle trash and masking as well and was too slow to retune after discriminating trash. I still have the Teaoros, but not the greenie.
HH
Bill

LOL

I never could get past that horrid green plastic praying mantis look!

...and that Charles Garrett has got to be a fine fellow. but I think he's colorblind!

Same here, I went from a Mid-range greeney to a Tesoro.

Thought I had died and gone to heaven.

HH,

i went from whites to tesoro, and plan on staying with tesoro. tesoros just work and being very very lite doesnt hurt either, my shoulder and elbow i mean.

I used a Silver Saber II for years (still have it) and it has found me lots of coins and civil war relics. I used the ACE 250 for about a year and did o.k. with the sniper coil. I could not ever get the hang of pinpointing with the stock coil. So I sold the ACE250 and got the Silver uMax. Seems like meeting and old friend. No problem whatsoever pinpointing. I think you find more goodies with the beep and dig machine.

I thank all of you for the assistance I guess you have converted another one. I will be ordering my new Tesoro silver umax. It sounds like everyone really thinks its a fine machine.