Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What to do with dirty clad? turn it into silver.

GetRdone

When the weather got bad last Nov., I thought I'd try something, so I went down to my bank and bought $300.00 dollars worth of dimes and started going threw them, I was surprised to start finding silver Rosies in the rolls, so I started trading the worthless clad dimes for silver and have continued going threw and trading dimes at various banks all winter, have found dimes from the first year 1946-1964, approximatley 45 dimes so far, thought I'd share this with you, its one way to dig silver for every clad dime you have found.:clapping:

I've been half dollar hunting for just a little longer than doing the dimes, so far I've found 74 90% silver and 96 40%, its been a great way to pass the winter months.

I've found a few myself.

Hummmmmmmm. What a concept huh Awhitster....

[quote Rosco Bookbinder]Hummmmmmmm. What a concept huh Awhitster....[/quote]There you go Bro, that would give you a way to hunt from your couch during the winter. Give it a try:rofl:

Anything is better han clad, just makes you feel that the hole you dug for that clad dime, suddenly became worth the effort.

[quote GetRdone]Anything is better than clad, just makes you feel that the hole you dug for that clad dime, suddenly became worth the effort.[/quote]

I agree but also disagree. I have dug 9587 coins for $495.13 worth since I started swinging August of 2006. (I live where it snow so my numbers are low).

I have dug a ton of clad coins, a ton of pennies. But I have put them to good use. I have bought many things for my detecting hobby, my other hobbies and still had money left over. I figure that every penny or other coin I dig from the ground is worth something towards a goal. I also have another hobby. I use my detector money to pay for it. And believe me, that hobby can cost quite a bit. If it weren't for the winters here I feel I could make a good amount of money to cover my hobbies.

Point is....CLAD is the cake. The rings and silver coins and such are the icing. Dig and dig and count it out and tell me about another hobby like detecting that pays to have fun............

I agree with you Roscoe, money is money, I used to buy coins, gold or some silver types I didn't have, but with the price of gold and silver now days, decided this was the best alternative to obtain some value, besides, I also collect old toys and trucks from the 20's and 30's, and there starting to get very expensive, same way with western cap pistols, along with a few other intrests I have.