Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What Relic Hunting Boots Are Best???

VOL1266X

As you can see from my posts, I hunt a variety of conditions. I bought a new pair of hunting boots last Fall and the right one already leaks and the right sole is broken. I was always a big believer in a certain brand but they are all now made outside the USA and the quality is gone. Using my right foot on the shovel puts stress on that boot. I like a 400g Thinsulate and Gore-Tex in a fairly light boot because sometimes Dman and I walk 8-10 miles in a day. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Quindy: I have had a pair of Muckboots for about 8 years with no leaks. My wife bought them for me and they are the best boots I have had. Wear them summer and winter. Usually I roll them down if the weather is warm. They never get hot or cold. and extremely comfortable.

Here is a good source for them: Muckboots

Funny thing recently happened. I usually keep my boots in my car trunk and while at the hardware store I thought I might have left them in the parking lot as I had to put a ladder in my car. Day or so later I could not find my boots and got panicky. Called the above store and ordered a new pair, only to find out my wife had some friends over and had moved my boots into the closet but didn't tell me. Called back to the above store and they laughing canceled my order.

I suppose this should go under the Stupid Things I Have Done thread!

Dave

I like Rocky boots myself they are comfortable and warm in the winter. You may want to hire a digger so you shovel won't tear the bottom of your boot.
Dman

You might get a lot of opinions but I use Bates tactical boots. Non insulated/waterproof are around $69, but they also make waterproof for a little more. Four safaris to Africa and a lot of rough terrain in Texas and here at home and they are still in great condition. Bass Pro carries them. Good hunting, David@Dixie

I have used the army issue desert boots. They are water repellent and keep your feet warm. I got mine on ebay for $19. Best boots I ever owned, especially for the weather up here in Michigan.